ways to present when there is no data
I had posted 2 earlier messages relating to this one.
But now, this one is slightly different.
I can display row values even when no data is available by new selection. The page should be always, for example, 10 rows long regardless of data availability per characteristic combination.
But is this the only way (restrict or by new selection in rows)?
You have to use restricted characteristics...I'm not sure if you know the process so here goes:
Using KF: 0Amount. Char 0Customer where I want to see something like this regardless of data available:
Easy way to do this:
- Drag your KF 0Amount to the column area
- Right click "Rows" in bex. Select "New Structure"
- Right click the structure that should have appeared in the row area. Select "New Selection"
- Drag 0Customer into the right area of the screen (under description).
- Give this new selection a name called "Customer 1"
- Right click the char in the right window and select "Restrict". Restict by value '1'.
- Click "OK".
- Repeat the steps for 2-3 customer (or whatever you have as your characteristic).
The report should now show the values regardlesse of content.
Hope this helps,