cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strategy for creating the data types for fields of SAP tables of SAPmodules

former_member188019
Active Participant
0 Kudos

We are developing interfaces (outbound) for SAP HCM Module.

As per Software Catalog strategy mentioned in https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/90b213c2-d311-2a10-89bf-956dbb63...

I created two SWCVs

C_MYCOMP_CANONICAL_SWCV

I_MYCOMP_HCM_SWCV

We have outbound interfaces for several hcm infotypes like PA0001, PA0002, PA0006 etc.

It includes fileds like PERNR, ENDDA, BEGDA etc in various tables.

in this case, is it better to create a datatype like cPERNR, cENDDA.. for each filed like PERNR, ENDDA etc, and use them in the datatypes for PA0001, PA002..

or

is it better not to create indivitual datatypes for each fields, but create those fields directly in the datatypes that we create for PA0001, PA0002 etc.

I would like to know which could be a better solution, from maintenance point of view.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

>>>>We have outbound interfaces for several hcm infotypes like PA0001, PA0002, PA0006 etc.

you know that there is IDOC HRMD_A0X like HRMD_A05 which contains all of those infotypes

and you can send it using standard transacitons (PFAL) and change pointers?

so there is no need to develop such interface from scrach ?

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

former_member188019
Active Participant
0 Kudos

>>Michal Krawczyk wrote:

>>>>you know that there is IDOC HRMD_A0X like HRMD_A05 which contains all of those infotypes

>>>>and you can send it using standard transacitons (PFAL) and change pointers?

>>>>so there is no need to develop such interface from scrach ?

thanks Michal for an excellent solution, we can save a lot of time for atleast HCM Module.

One question regarding the same, are these kind of idocs available only for HCM module (PA tables) or are such idocs available for other modules like MM, PP, FICO, CRM etc.

thanks again.

Madhu.

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

>>>>One question regarding the same, are these kind of idocs available only for HCM module (PA tables) or are such idocs available for other modules like MM, PP, FICO, CRM etc.

PA tables are only used in HCM

for MM, PP, FICO, CRM you have dozens of other IDOCs

for 99% of all objects (master data and transactions)

if you want to know the details ask what kind of objects do you need

but for HCM PFAL can distribute IDOCs with all infotypes + org data too

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

former_member188019
Active Participant
0 Kudos

>>>for MM, PP, FICO, CRM you have dozens of other IDOCs

>>>for 99% of all objects (master data and transactions)

thanks again, thats much relief to know this, we will have a lot of outbound scenarios, as there are many read-only nonSAP applications in our landscape, would want to get info from SAP. i can forsee a those idoc scenarios would be useful for us.

Madhu.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

The data types created as cPERNR, cENDDA will indicate the canonic formats for the fileds PERNR, ENDDA, BEGDDA etc.

If these fields are going to be used in repetetive way across multiple infortypes, then define common data types and used in the various fields. it will help you to mainatin just at one location and reflect for all the fields using that datatype.

Thanks

Swarup

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think, The above solution given by Michal would be best possible way...as no maintenance activity will be involved in this case.

Thanks

Swarup