cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LO extraction's doubts

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gurus

When we first implement the system and do the Lo extraction with full load how the process work ,means the set up tables will be used or update table?

during the first load what will be the update method we need to use?

when we use direct delta,queued delta and unserialized V3?

Once we load the data for the first time with INIT , do we need to delete set up table during second loading again(delta loading )? As I understood when we do delta load we are not using set up tables is it correct?

Pl advise

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

<i>how the process work ,means the set up tables will be used or update table?</i>

Setup tables.

<i>during the first load what will be the update method we need to use?</i>

There is no concept of Update method for full upload or Delta initalization. It is used in Delta loadings.

<i>when we use direct delta,queued delta and unserialized V3?</i>

If we need to have the data immmediately in bw then use direct delta.

queued delta and unserialized V3 are used if there is no such criticality for the data availability in BW.

<i>Once we load the data for the first time with INIT , do we need to delete set up table during second loading again(delta loading )?</i>

Not compulsary, because data comes from other tables for delta loadings.

<i>As I understood when we do delta load we are not using set up tables is it correct?</i>

Yes.

With rgds,

Anil Kumar sharma .P

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

set up tables will be used or update table?

setup tables.

during the first load what will be the update method we need to use?

init update or full update as per requirement

when we use direct delta,queued delta and unserialized V3?

direct when no. of records are less

queued when no. of records are more

v3 unserialized when their is not neccessary that record approach as per production

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus

Thanks for the answer .Points given

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ketul,

For more info on Delts on LO read the blogs from Robert:

/people/sap.user72/blog/2004/12/16/logistic-cockpit-delta-mechanism--episode-one-v3-update-the-145serializer146

/people/sap.user72/blog/2004/12/23/logistic-cockpit-delta-mechanism--episode-two-v3-update-when-some-problems-can-occur

/people/sap.user72/blog/2005/01/19/logistic-cockpit-delta-mechanism--episode-three-the-new-update-methods

-Doodle

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ketul,

During the first load, if it either init or full, data will come from setup table.

1. When number of document changes between two delta extractions is small, you go for direct delta. The recommended limit is 10000 i.e. if the No of doc changes (Creating, changing and deleting) between two successive delta runs is within 10000, direct delta is recommended.

Here the number of LUWs are more as they are not clubbed into one one LUW.

2. Queued delta is used if number of document changes is high ( more than 10000). Here data is wriiten into an extraction queue and from there it is moved to delta queue. Here upto 10000doc changes are cummulaed to one LUW.

3. Unserialized V3 upadte methos is used only when it is not important that data to be transferd to BW in the exactly same sequence as it was generated in R/3.

Yes you are correct, during delta load setup tables are not a part of process. If you are filling the setup table again, then it is advisable to delete the contetns to avoid chances of duplicate data.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Praveen