Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CATS issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

Request you to go through the issue mentioned below and suggest a solution,

Currently i am working on a support project for a professional services organization. Client has implemented PS module to handle the projects they execute for different customers. The issue that i am facing is related to CATS.

All the resources working on a project log in their efforts through portal that is linked to the PS module through an interface. Users also use the portal for applying leave. Actually there are 2 ways by which a user can apply leave. There is an option/link as "Leave Request" wherein the user can click on that particular link and apply leave and the other way is by selecting the appropriate Att./Abs. Type from the dropdown and select the relevant category. In this case what is happening is that the user are applying for leave through the leave request option and sometimes by mistake they even log in their efforts for the same day they are applying leave. Now, at the client's place they have a background job that runs everyday in the evening and updates these leave requests in the HR master data. Since the background job runs only in the evening users are able to log in their efforts also against the day they have applied leave.

I want to restrict the user by not allowing him to log in his efforts if he has already applied leave using the leave request option. i.e. user should not be allowed to enter any efforts in the timesheet for the day he has applied leave.

Request you all to kindly suggest a suitable solution.

Thanks & Best Regards,

Gokul

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

varshal_kachole3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Make the change in Collision to Error message in SPRO>Cross Application Components>Timesheet>Specific Settings for CATS CLassic>Setup data data entry profile.

Hope it helps...

Thanks!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Varshal,

This thing is already in place. System is throwing an error when there is a collision in the timesheet entries.

Regards,

Gokul

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

no further comments on this...so closing..

Former Member
0 Kudos

The portal you are refer here is it not ESS?

As suggested earlier I don't think making changes to the data entry profile will help, reason being leave records are not entered in time sheets and not yet transferred to HR (as you it said happens during evening) and changing the collision setting to error in the data entry profile for records between CATS and HR or between CATS records is not going help you acheive the required.

Possible solution I can think is to make the background job more frequent (every 10 minutes) so that leave records get transferred to HR and then make the changes to data entry profile (collision check between CATS records and HR) could help.

Regards

Sreenivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sreenivas,

Yes it is ESS.

I have already suggested the client to run the background job frequently but the client is not willing to do it, fearing that the server might get loaded. Any other workaround to get this done? Can a small modification in the EP program be done? Like putting a check in place wherein the system wont allow 2 entries for the same dayor dates.

Looking forward to replies from everyone.

Best Regards,

Gokul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try this option but I'm not sure if it works, take help of HR consultant on this.

In HR you have got something called time constraints for all absence and attendance types. Ex., Attendance (2002)- Work Hours time constraint is 'X' and Absence (2001)- Leave time constraint is 'Y', in HR config you can say if 2002 X collides with 2001 Y system should give you a error.

Regards

Sreenivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gokul

we are also running similar scenario like you explained. From the problem you have addreesed, I propose that the solution of restriction can not be one way. Means It also can happen that somebody by mistake pick uo wrong date for leave applictaion and then wants to change.

Leave application happens through different set of programs of Leave management (Or PTO Management) and effort booking thorugh other. So once you apply for leave , the mail trigger should go to concerned PM for apporval and then the booking field shall be non editable till apporval/disapproval happens from PM.

Unless PM approves, time should not flow from TB system to SAP.

Only above intelligence in programs of your TB system shall fulfill what your needs without increasing JOB RUN Frequency.

I am not hard core programmer so may be little grossly explaining from functional side.

Best Regards

Adwait