Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delivery group 001 consists of only one item

former_member194164
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Frens,

While creating the sales order, I am getting the information pop up message at the time of saving the sales order:

"Delivery group 001 consists of only one item". Though it is only information message, since I want to know what is the control behind it and what is its significance?

I have checked my Item Category also and Create Delivery Group is BLANK (Do not form delivery groups) there.

Can anyone tell me?

Thanx well in advance

Regards,

Vikas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

You use the concept of delivery grouping only when you want to deliver all the items in a sales order together. Meaning when you have more than 1 line item.

Note: Items in the same delivery grouping will be delivered together. All items in delivery grp 1 will be delivered in delivery 1 & items in delivery grp 2 will be delivered in delivery 2.

You need not use delivery grp when you just have 1 line item. Since there is only 1 item, it will anyway be delivered in 1 lot. This is the reason why you get that information mssg.

Regards,

Sivanand

former_member194164
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sivanand,

I appreciate your detailed reason of it, but this message never came earlier. If i enter 2 line items also in the sales order, system gives me this pop up twice:

Delivery group 001 consists of only one item

Delivery group 002 consists of only one item

Fro where this message is coming.

Also , this message never came in my earlier testings.

Hope you will put some light on it.

Regards,

Vikas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

Check in VA02 --> main page --> shipping tab. Check if there is any delivery grouping for the line items. Looking at your case I guess that each line item have a different delivery grp.

Remove the delivery grp & then save. This is a standard SAP message for delivery grouping. Could be that your earlier orders didnt have delivery grouping.

Regards,

Sivanand

former_member194164
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Yes Sivanand,

You are absolutely right. I have checked my earlier sales orders. There was 0 in delivery group field in earlier sales orders for both line items. But now system is assigning 1 and 2 in this Shipping tab in delivery group field.

From where this value system is proposing?

Pls inform

Regards

Vikas

former_member194164
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sivanand,

You were right and I was mistaken. My Item Category has x (Form delivery group with one delivery date) in VOV7.

I give full points to you also.

Thanx for replies,

Regards,

Vikas

Answers (0)