cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UploadFile Control: Two Big Problems

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I have a Web Dynpro Application that uses a FileUpload Control to upload a file from client side to server side.

Problem # 1) In a normal situation the control works fine, but instead of using the examine button to look for a file, if I write some text, for example "XYZ" in the input field asociated with the control the application doesn't respond and the internet explorer window shows an error in the page.

Is there a way of validating the path entered by user?? This problem happens also in the TutWD_FileUpDownload application from SDN.

Problem # 2) In the same application I'm validating that some others input fields are not empty when the user selects a SEND Button.

In case this happens, I show an error using IWDMessageManager to let the user know that those fields are empty.

As soon as I show this message on screen the FileUpload control clears the path that the user entered on its input field (this could make think that the previous file has been deleted) but despite of this, the file is still "bounded" to the FileUpload Control.

I need to know how can i make the control to keep the path in the input field, because the users are going to think that they have to re-upload the file when this is not the case. is this a bug on the control?

Any Help in this two issues??

Thank you very much...

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Felipe,

If your query is resolved then please close this thread.

thanks & regards,

Manoj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Felipe,

These r limitations for FileUpload control.

regards

Sumit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It seems that this is a bug related to fileUpload UI. Even we faced a similar problem. You can refer the following link about this problem:

thanks & regards,

Manoj

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have faced the same.

If anybody suggests