cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suppress zero-net records from reports

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

I need to suppress zero netting records with matching key (contract, LOB, Type) from my BEx report (running from an ODS). As an example the following records in the ODS net to zero, so they need to be suppressed from showing in my report.

Contract LOB Type Amount

12345 1234 3456 1000.00

12345 1234 3456 -500.00

12345 1234 3456 -500.00

How can these records be suppressed in BEx? (I have tried using a condition, but it looks at single records and does not compare records.)

If this needs to be done in a user exit, please show the ABAP code and explain how the exit can be linked to the BEx report.

Highest regards,

Tom

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Will these have subtotals? Is so, you can simply use zero suppression. There are two settings, one for when all zeros present and simply zero suppression. The later is what will work for you.

thanks,

jeff

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jeff,

The columns in my query are calculated key figures,

and I don't think the zero suppression gets applied.

Is this right, and if so, what can I do?

Thanks,

Tom

Former Member
0 Kudos

It does not matter what they are, it will still use zero suppression. With key figures and characteristic type structures, you must make sure to check the allow zero suppression box in the properties of the structure(s).

Thanks,

Jeff

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tommy,

i have intersting question... for the folloing records in cube..

12345 1234 3456 1000.00

12345 1234 3456 -500.00

12345 1234 3456 -500.00

bex will display like

12345 1234 3456 0.00

if you want to suppress this..create a condition on the table.

<b>check for sap documentation for how to create condition.</b>

i think it resloved ur problem.

Regards,

Nagesh Ganisetti.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Nagesh,

In my case the sited example, zeroes out and does not display as long as the other displayed values of the record are all the same. If any displayed value is different the record continues to be displayed. The above was accomplished without a condition, simply by selecting "suppress zeroes" under Zero Value Display in the Query Properties.

Regards,

Tom

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

U try following:

1.In BEX -->Query Properties >under Display tab> Supress zero's>suprresion(Active)> effect on(columns)

Regards,

Aparna