cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to enter a material on SO without a Material Master Record?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

Pls help me 2 flowing problem:

1. How to enter a material on SO without a Material Master Record? And all case need to enter a material on SO without a Material Master Record.

2. How to use customer material number if there isn't Master Data

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

sarthak_mohantysd
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

In SAP system, you have to maintain master data like material, Customer, Condition and Output before executing any business

senario. Because the system should recognise these inputs when you are creating a Sales order.

Practically it is impossible to process any Sales order with any master data related to Customer and Material as there are a lot of

activity which run on the background and material and customer plays an important role in that.

Hope this clears your doubt !!

Regards,

Sarthak

0 Kudos

Hi Friend,

I dont think we can go with a sales order with a material without material master record.

But there are some cases where in we can create a sales order by entering a material which does not have a material master.

1. Through material determination

You can create a material determination for a material (1234) which exists in sap by a material(XYZ) which does not; For example in VB11 you can create a material determination for a material 1234 ( exists in sap) through a material XYZ which does not exists in sap.

While creating the sales order when you enter the material XYZ is not give any error and automatically determine the material 1234 which exists.

2. Text material

We can create a order/quote by directly entering a text in the material description and without entering the material. This the case for text material wherein text item category will be determined.

Please let me know if this help you. Else kindly elaborate the scenario.

Abhishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi guys,

I ask you about those question because they is in exam question list. the answers are 'yes, can do'. I don't know why?

@Abhishek Timmaraju : Thank your answer. But i think Tcode VB11 use to alternate a material (have master data record) by another material (have master data record).

Use

If, for some reason, you have to send a substitute material instead of the material originally requested, you can see which product the customer originally ordered.

pls think again about 2 question.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi guys,

I ask you about those question because they is in exam question list. the answers are 'yes, can do'. I don't know why?

@Abhishek Timmaraju : Thank your answer. But i think Tcode VB11 use to alternate a material (have master data record) by another material (have master data record).

Use

If, for some reason, you have to send a substitute material instead of the material originally requested, you can see which product the customer originally ordered.

pls think again about 2 question.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

1. How to enter a material on SO without a Material Master Record? And all case need to enter a material on SO without a Material Master Record.

Yes, this is possible to have material in SO without material master data. I have tried the scenario with item category TATX. Also you can use DLTX,AGTX,AFTX etc. In item category determination for sales order type maintain usage as TEXT and item category as TATX.

2. How to use customer material number if there isn't Master Data

Use of customer material number field in SO is to enter the text manually.

Hope this would be the correct answer.

former_member187989
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

not possible without material master

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1) It is not possible to enter material number on SO without any Material Master.

2) It is not possibe to enter customer material number when there is no material master because customer material number is a number for a material which is referred by the customer instead of the material number but to co-relate the same, Material master record is a must.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Gobind.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

Before telling your requirement, just tell why you want to propose such a requirement.

Without any master data how do you think you will refer something in SAP? When you want to order a pen, how do you think SAP will recognise it as a pen? & if you dont want to maintain customer master, whom do you want to sell? & how will SAP recognise whom to sell?

It is same as giving birth to a baby & not giving it a name. When you want to refer something in SAP, you will have to maintain master data. You cannot write ynnynn ynnynn in SAP as you have written your name.

Is that clear?

Regards,

Sivanand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

Before telling your requirement, just tell why you want to propose such a requirement.

Without any master data how do you think you will refer something in SAP? When you want to order a pen, how do you think SAP will recognise it as a pen? & if you dont want to maintain customer master, whom do you want to sell? & how will SAP recognise whom to sell?

It is same as giving birth to a baby & not giving it a name. When you want to refer something in SAP, you will have to maintain master data. You cannot write ynnynn ynnynn in SAP as you have written your name.

Is that clear?

Regards,

Sivanand