Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to do Ess customization

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

My problem is

we are planning for customization of Ess personal information(all iview under this workset). Exact customization we are looking for is when an employ updaes his info or when he press save button it should display a pop up showing comany legal certificate.

This customization is for all i views not for one i view.

So how to solve this problem. good answers are rewarded with good points.

Thanx

keerthi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

ChrisSolomon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If we are talking about the newer Webdynpro ESS services, Possibly look at modifying the Floorplan Manager framework to do this (only if you want this to happen with all services). If you are talking about the older ESS ITS services, then in most cases, you will need to modify each service.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

we are using ITS version, we decided to go for customization, my approach is check in into NWDI and import into NWDS and do the modification.

so what are your suggestions

Thanx

keerthi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Keerti,

It is not possible to modify ESS ITS version screens in NWDS.. You have to modify the ITS services in R/3 (object Navigator). You have to modify the function that is called when clicking on Save button and republish the template..

Jojo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

we are doing the customization and components are NWDI. anyone can guide me how to import those components into NWDS and modify those components

Thanx

keerthi

wenshan_liu
Explorer
0 Kudos

You can't do it through customizing. It will need code modification.