cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Debug APO (SCM 7) Outbound Queues - SMQ1 - Something Broken ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are using outbound queues to send data from APO to R/3.

I have the need to debug a user-exit residing in R/3.

I have maintained /SAPAPO/C4 settings for my user ID to turn on debugging and recording of RFC in APO and CFC2 in R/3.

When I change a planned order in APO, for example, the queue is visible in SMQ1 and is in NOSENDS status.

However, when I select Debug LUW from the menu, debugging is not activated.... the RFC is simply executed and deleted from

the list. Is there another setting that would affect this ? Something more low-level in basis that I may not be aware of ?

I've looked all over SCN for this particular issue and can't find anything.

Thanks and Best Regards,

Roger

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Roger,

When launching Debugging from R/3 core interface queue, you are actually debugging under the context of the userid of the interface. So, the interface userid must be interactive (not system, which is common) and the userid must have authorization to debug.

https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/905364

Have your basis people change the userid to interactive, and then log on manually in SCM to test. Execute /H to ensure that this userid has all the proper authorizations. Once you have convinced yourself that debugging is possible for this userid, log off, and go back to your queue troubleshooting from the R/3 side.

Regards,

DB49.

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK, so if I am trying to debug an outbound queue in APO (i.e. APO -> R/3), then I need to :

• In APO -> Maintain the /SAPAPO/C4 setting for MY user ID

• In APO -> Note the user ID used for the R/3 logical system (SM59)

• In R/3 -> make sure the APO->R/3 user ID is a dialog user

• In R/3 -> make sure the APO->R/3 user ID has authorization to debug

Did I get that right ?

Thanks,

Roger

Former Member
0 Kudos

Roger,

Yes. (Sorry, I originally assumed you were trying to go the other way; r/3>APO. Rules are the same regardless)

You also will need authorization (your personal userid) to debug, which I assume you already have...

RFC userid for destination system needs to be Dialogue (interactive) and have debug authorizations

Own userid for local system needs to have debug authorizations.

Sometimes, in Dev systems, basis will just leave the RFC userids as Dialogue, to facilitate debugging as needed.

Rgds,

DB49

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

That did the trick. The OSS note was what sealed the deal.

Thanks,

Roger

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please provide the OSS Note no by which your issue got resolved sothat other SDN APO team members get benifited

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anjali,

I believe he was speaking of the note I mentioned earlier in the thread.

Rgds,

DB49