cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOAP Receiver Channel error

0 Kudos

Dear PI and SOAP experts:

I have been having trouble getting a SOAP Receiver channel working for a webservice. I get the following error in the SOAP receiver channel:

SOAP: response message contains an error XIAdapter/PARSING/ADAPTER.SOAP_EXCEPTION - soap fault: content-type of the request should be text/xml

I also forced the content-type as text/xml;charset=utf-8 from PI by using the MessageTransformBean as a module in the SOAP Receiver channel, but still getting the same response.

When I called the same w/s using XMLSpy and SOAPUI, it works fine and I get a positive response. So there is no problem with the webservice.

I also tried calling a different webservice from PI and that works fine too. So there is no problem with outbound communication with PI and the SOAP receiver channel either.

But whenever I send the request from PI to the first webservice it gives me the above error.

Thank you.

Param.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member732072
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Param,

Also, please do have a look at the following link which could be of help to you.

https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/XI/SOAPMessagesin+XI

Best Regards

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

0 Kudos

I deleted everything and did this interface from scratch again. It worked.

I think we had a issues with PI cache in our system.

Thank you all.

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

When you send the message from PI i assume that you are using RWB.

When you test the message from RWB (Component Monitoring --> Integration Engine --> Test Message) make sure that you enter all the details (including receiver details)..also ensure that these details are correct.

Regards,

Abhishek.

former_member192295
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think the problem seems with message content, check with message content. SOAP receiver channel unablel to receive message from sender. I think the problem with format, message content should be in XML format else can't receive message.

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Adding to Aamir,

Take the inbound payload and test in message mapping tab and check whether it is sucess.

Cheers

Agasthuri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

Please try setting the parameter "Do not use SOAP envelope" and test the message again

Thanks

Aamir