cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incomplete Order - Delivery cannot be created

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I have a type of sales order in the system that does not create delivery documents. No delivery blocks assigned to the orders. THe reason is because the order is incomplete. The order is able to be saved when during order creation although it's incomplete. I am familiar with that configuration changes but however, I don't know how the previous configurator setup the system in such a way that the order can be saved when it's incomplete but then when it's being delivered (VL01 or VL04) it does create the delivery document because it's incomplete.

I would appreciate it if someone could help me figure this out.

Thank you.

rk

Edited by: rice_keeper on Sep 21, 2009 6:42 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (9)

Answers (9)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

We create a sales order only have 1 line item, and saved it. Later on after released the credit limit check by VKM1, the sales order turn to incomplete log as other line item has customer expected pricing error, instead of line item 1.

Sometime not only manually create, orders came from EDI also have this type of issues randomly.

Anyone of your SAP has this type of issues?

Thank you in advance

Edited by: cuiling_c on Nov 18, 2009 10:53 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

We create a sales order only have 1 line item, and saved it. Later on after released the credit limit check by VKM1, the sales order turn to incomplete log as other line item has customer expected pricing error, instead of line item 1.

Sometime not only manually create, orders came from EDI also have this type of issues randomly.

Anyone of your SAP has this type of issues?

Thank you in advance

Edited by: cuiling_c on Nov 18, 2009 10:53 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes order can be saved even if there is incomplete data according to the incomplete status configuration set up in SPRO.Its by SAP std practice it will allow u to save the order but before saving there will be a pop up asking to EDIT when click on the edit button it will show u all the incomplete data need to be complete.It will not allow to create a delivery for icomplete sales order document .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is all the Business requirement based on which we can decide whether a sales document can be saved even it is Incomplete

and whether delivery can be created even the sales order is Incomplete.

Go to Img -- Sales and Distribution -- Basic Functions -- Log of Incomplete Items -- Define Status Groups

You will see the sequence for each Status group by which the subsequent documents will be created.

In the status group, you define which functions may be carried out for an incomplete sales and distribution document, or for the items where field entry is missing. You use this function to block a document for delivery, billing, or pricing. In addition, you can check at header level whether the general data is complete.

Example

Fields that are defined for deliveries do not also have to apply to the billing document. If you allocate the relevant status group to these fields in the incompleteness procedure, you can create a billing document for the incomplete sales order but not a delivery.

Still if you find any issues, you can always refer to the pages 65 - 72 of the attached Document Link:

[Complete SD Config Guide|http://azapoetrikoe.files.wordpress.com/2007/12/sd-overviewdoc-config.pdf]

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here're more details about my problem. So I have two sales order types. Both of them have the same incompletion procedure assigned to them. However, they both react differently.

One of the allows delivery documents to be created although the order is incomplete. The other one doesn't allow the system to create the delivery document when the order is incomplete. The incomplete data on this scenario is the pricing.

I have a feeling that the inability to create sales order is being trigger by another config or there could be a copy control config affecting it?

Any thoughts anyone? Maybe you guys have came across my issue in the past?

Thanks.

RK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi RK

Incompletion of price is the standard SAP functionality to not allow you to proceed. This is not related with incompletion log assigned to your sales order type. And in any case with completing price in sales order you can not do delivery.

Please make the order complete w.r.t. price first.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As per the standard SAP,if the order is incomplete,then the subsequent document cannot be created.

In our case,as the sales document is incomplete,so the delivery cannot be created.

It is as per the standard SAP.If we want an error message at the time of saving the order,if it is incomplete then we can do that.

For that error message,we have to do some configuration changes.

Goto VOV8 T.Code.

Select your document type.Details.

Check the box "Incomplete messages" in transaction flow tab.

If we do this change,then we will receive an error message if any of the field in incompletion log is incomplete.

Another way is to go for Enhancement.In this if the order is incomplete,then the delivery block should be enabled and assigned with a block automatically.

For this change ask your ABAPer.

Regards,

Krishna.

ajitsingh6
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear

It will allow you to save as it also depend upon STATUS Group assign to peticuler Pricing Procedure. It will be like it will show warning message but will let you to save but it will not allow you to process further data because of Status Group assignment to that pricing procedure.

Kindly Check the same and revert back to me if further assistance require.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

As I understood, you cannot create a delivery in the system for incomplete sales orders. But you want to create a delivery. Am I right?

Why system is preventing do so is, the Status assigned to the relevant fields in your sales order.

Please check your Incompletion procedure. Go to Tx: OVA2

Then enter Select relevant Group (Sales order Header or Item)

Then select the relevant Procedure. Then go in to field levels.

There you can see the fields that were included in your incompletion procedure. Check the Status assigned to each field. Repeat it for Header & Item both.

If you feel any of those are irrelevant for you, remove them.

Then try again.

Else you can do is go to Incompletion log from Menu option at sales order, and then complete those fields and try.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rk,

The order though incomplete can still be saved but it can prevent from delivery creation based on the incompletion status set in the config e.g. an order without a route can be saved but if the incompetion log config defines route to be mandatory for the delivery type then it will not allow you to create the delivery till the route is mentioned in the order.

You need to first complete the order and then can proceed to create the delivery.

Regards,

Gobind.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi RK

This is standard SAP behaviour such that, you can save your sales order when order is incomplete. Anyway if you know the configuration please go to IMG and check the incompletion log assigned to your saels order type. And if that is not relevent to you, modify it. Else first complete the sales order and then proceed with delivery.

Without completing the document you can't proceed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

What error you get when you try to create delivery? I mean what incomplete data does the system shows when you try creating delivery?

When creating order & if its incomplete, system will throw a pop-up asking if you want to save the incomplete order. If you click on YES, then it will save the order. If you click on EDIT, you will need to complete the incomplete items.

Even though you are able to save the order in incomplete status, system will not allow you to create delivery in incomplete status.

In VA02 --> EDIT --> Incomplete Log, check what data is still incomplete. Update that data & create delivery.

Regards,

Sivanand