cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BAPI initialize error at wdDoInit of controller

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I'm trying to call a simple BAPI from webdynpro but a NullPointerException is thrown at WdDoInit() of controller.

At Line: wdContext.nodeBapi_Debtor_Getdetail_Input().bind(new Bapi_Debtor_Getdetail_Input());

The stack is:

java.lang.NullPointerException: at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.modelimpl.dynamicrfc.AiiModelClass.createNewBaseTypeDescriptor(AiiModelClass.java:220)

at

I could connect to another BAPIs using the same procedure. I don't know why this one doesn't work.

I'll appreciate any response.

Thanks in advance,

Diego.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

How did u solve ur problem?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Diego,

The main thing you will have to consider is the creation of the JCO destinations for the application. These are maintained in the webdynpro content administration.

After creating the model in the webdynpro project, you need to go to the url http://<host>:<port>/webdynpro/welcome/ and create the JCO destinations you gave while creating the BAPI model. There they will come with red colored icons, after success creation them they will become green.

After that you need to initialize the input elements in the code and simply execte the bapi in some action method of the button or whatever place.

I hope this will solve your problem.

Regards,

Guru.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Diego,

could you check your mappings are correct, and also your input fields are invalidated, and also please check your JCO is worrking fine for this RFC.

Thanks,

Raj.