cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

prevent data from being written back to prod

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are there any safeguards to ensure that the data is not written back to production?

I know it is the RFC definition where the sender and receiver relation is maintained but other than that is there an internal TDMS mechanism that ensures that safeguards production?

Many thanks

Harmeet

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member182566
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think (99% sure..) that TDMS will not copy if the client role in SCC4 of the sender system is Production.

Also (and that I am sure, at least in BPL) it will also not accept the sender system if you have set a protection for client copier tool (in SCC4).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rui,

Thanks for your response. Can you provide more detail about what you refer to as Client role in SCC4 of the sender?

Harmeet

former_member182566
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> Hello Rui,

>

> Can you provide more detail about what you refer to as Client role in SCC4 of the sender?

>

> Harmeet

Hello Harmeet,

Sorry, I meant receiver and not sender.

Imagine that you want to copy from PRD to TST, but by mistake you define TST as sender and PRD as receiver (that was your doubt, right?). TDMS will see that PRD is a production client, and will not allow it to be used as receiver.

The client role.. you can check in transaction SCC4. If it is configured there as "Production" then it can't be used as receiver.

Hope I was clear,

Rui Dantas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rui,

I see that you are saying that TDMS will not "let" production be chosen as a receiver, but my doubt comes from the fact that it is the RFC that determines which is sender and what is receiver, so what happens if by mistake I flip the sender and receiver in the RFC connection? I wanted to know if there is a restriction/technical setting that we can use and specify that certain clients be never be used as receiver?

Thanks

Harmeet

former_member182566
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> ..but my doubt comes from the fact that it is the RFC that determines which is sender and what is receiver, so what happens if by mistake I flip the sender and receiver in the RFC connection? I wanted to know if there is a restriction/technical setting that we can use and specify that certain clients be never be used as receiver?

> Harmeet

Hi. That is what I meant: using the RFC connection, TDMS will check the client role. If you accidentaly configure the receiver to a production machine, TDMS will see that it is a production client and will not proceed with the copy.

former_member182566
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Harmeet,

is this solved?

Former Member
0 Kudos

TDMS will not transfer data to a close client. I am marking this thread as answered. However make sure that for protection, productive clients are all set so.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Its taken care by TDMS that sender system is not affected at all. So take care to define the RFC connections perfectly.

Regards

Pankaj.