cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Characteristics print in certificate

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

We have Internal specifications and Customer specifications to print on the certificate which are maintained in the inspection plan. Currently internal specifications and customer specifications are printed on the certificate, but now my user wants to restrict the internal specifications to be printed on the certificate.

I see there is a print, do not print options at the characteristic level but those are not related to certificate profile.

Same characteristic may be used in the customer spec, so we cant change characteristic at Master level and couldnt find any better option at Inspection Plan Level.

Please suggest.

Thanks,

Quantum.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

you may have to create your Z form for printing in

QCC0-->Quality certificate ->certificate Profile->maintain form

Regards'

Sujit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sujit

Thanks for your reply.

Certificate profile and its forms are already created. I have assigned all the characteristics in to the certificate profile.

I dont have any problem in printing out all the specifications or characteristics through the certificate profile. We have a internal specifications and external specifications, from which we dont want to print internal specifications on the certificate.

Is there any way to restrict not to print the internal specifications on the certificate.

I have assigned all this internal specs and customer specs are assigned to the inspection plan and want to control this print at the characteristics level.

Please suggest.

Thanks,

Quantum.

Edited by: quantum on Sep 22, 2009 11:11 PM

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Quantum

In this case the best way is use Multiple specification. In this you can do valuation based on the internal specification as well as customer specification.

There is good write up on setting up multiple specification by Raghu Sharma. Kindly check the below link

Link: [http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/2004a166-0a75-2c10-0caf-dc63b76c68fe]

Regards

Gajesh

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Quantum

Please let me know for which inspection type are you using this

Please understand the following

1) If you have definte specification for customers then make your inspection plan in such a way that system automaticaly picks up the specification needed for the customer while processing the inspection lot

2) In the inspction plan in material assignment tab give the customer and accordingly make the Depedent characteristic so that this will have customer reference with it

3) When the inspection lot is created , system will pick up based on your assignments the specification required for the customer

4) What specification is picked up in the inspection lot will be directly transfered to the Certificate. So you need not give any restriction at the certificate level. What is there in the inspection lot will be transfered to the certificate

So make sure that the inspection plan you are having the customer is having all the proper assignment and specifications

please let me know if you have nay doubts

Regards

Gajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gajesh

Thanks for your inputs those are really helpful if we dont use the internal specifications on hand, May be we have that scenario need to find out with my users.

Now, Internal specifications are required to generate the internal document where as for the certificate we need only the customer specifications to be printed.

Internal document is generated through the standard layout whereas the certificate is generated through the certificate profile that i have maintained.

We are using 01, 04 and 89 are the inspection types to generate the inspection lots.

Thanks

Quantum.

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Quantum

Kindly let me know how have you set up the specification in the inspection plan and what is the specification picked up in the inspection lot

Regards

Gajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gajesh

I have created inspection plan with inspection Work Bench CWBQM T code. I used characteristics as quantitative, which has the lower and Upper values. Internal specifications and customer specifications are assigned to the inspection plan and are saved with the inspection 5. Inspection lot is picked with inspection 5 , results recorded,Usage decision is done and able to print certificate with out any issues.

In inspection plan i have assigned internal specifications and Customer specifications, so the certificate should only to pick customer specifications not internal specifications. Internal specifications are assigned in Master inspection characteristics with the Limits and in dependent characteristics, i have assigned a customer specifications.

My requirement is not to print internal specifications on the certificate. Please suggest how to restrict.

Thanks,

Quantum.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Quantum,

I think you asssigned multi Specs in Inspection Plan.

Lets try it :

Goto QC02 - Select your Certificate Profile -- In carectristic data -- Select Multiple specification in Insp. Spec. Origin & give strategy for skip if any Inspection characteristic you don't want to apper in Certificate.

Regards,

JM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi JM

Thanks for your immediate reply.

We Use Master inspection characteristics in the certificate profile and cannot be used strategy for skip as the same MIC may be used in customer specfication. I want the MIC to be controlled at Inspection plan level not at plant level.

The certificate profile we have created is for the whole plant not by the material, so we cannot remove the MIC's from the profile to not to print on the cert. Same MIC may be used in multiple materials as a internal specification.

Please suggest.

Thanks,

Quantum.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

why don't you use inspection plan for Material Vs Customer combination instead of maintaing customer spec. as dependent character, you can directly maintain the customer spec. in inspection plan

but you have to change each MIC spec per material/customer combination

let me know whether it is fulfill ur req.

thanks

Sami

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sami

Thanks for your reply.

Can you explain with more clear, i dont have that much experience on QM module, So i need more clear view on the suggestion you have given.

Thanks,

Quantum.