cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

java add-in in ecc6.0 ehp

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I want to instal java add-in in my erp 6.0 EHP3, is it possible?

In the phase "Import java Dump" appear an error:

SEVERE: com.sap.sql.log.OpenSQLException: Could not load class com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver.

What happend? Is it possible java add-in in EHP3?

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes it should be possible but it is a bad idea. Dual stack systems are no more recommended by SAP and for good reasons (resource consumption, reliability, support package import, upgrades,...)

Regards,

Olivier

Former Member
0 Kudos

and... why appear this error?

SEVERE: com.sap.sql.log.OpenSQLException: Could not load class com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

>and... why appear this error?

I have absolutely no idea about it and I think it(s impossible to know with just this message.

You have to investigate more in your log files.

But you get the first idea why it 's a good idea to separate java problems from abap problems...

Regards,

Olivier

Former Member
0 Kudos

I install an EHP1 Java

Regards,

brian_walker
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Regarding dual stack systems no longer being recommended by SAP...

It's not even an option with the NW 7.0 EHP1 SR1 installer EXCEPT in the instance of PI or MI usage types (and this is well documented). As such, I suppose that PI and MI are unstable and difficult to patch? Solution Manager is also dual stack by definition, but of course it also comes with its own installation master and it too must be unstable and difficult to patch.

We started with NW 7.0 SR2 and our ECC, BI, PI, and of course Solution Manager systems are all dual stack. We've never had any stability problems other than JSPM being a pain to update the java stack from time to time.

Brian

0 Kudos

Hi All

So, I suppose that for customers that have only ABAP installation for ERP (my case, as I still have R/3 4.6C), after the upgrade, I will have to install another Java central instance to use Portal functions for this ERP.

And for BI??? All queries need to use a portal... So, I have again to install another Java central instance (or use the Java installation that I mentioned above). I didn´t like this!!!

-

-

Only to let you know, we are installing a new system using NW 7 EHPI and the option Java Add-in was removed... As we need ABAP and Java together (and portal), we chose MI usage type

Best regards, Daniela