Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic determination of billing date on order related billing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

Some background:

We are using resource related billing: create standing sales order with WBS as reference.

Costs are posted to the WBS (serves as a bucket to collect costs).

Whenever needed, the costs on the WBS are billed. This is done via transaction DP91, creating a billing request for the standing sales order which generates a new sales order which takes the amount from the WBS element. This sales order can then be billed.

In other words: Each period, the standing sales order can be billed (based on the WBS element it contains) in a new sales order.

Problem:

The billing date is derived from the 'requested delivery date' on the sales order.

We would like to have by default proposed by the system as billing date: the date when the (2nd) sales order and/or billing document is generated. So either date of billing should be the billing date or the requested delivery date (which will then automatically determine the billing date)

How can this be achieved?

What I tried:

1). I have ticket the flag "Propose delivery date", but this doesn't seem to be the solution.

2). Factory calender is only to be used in case a specific date should be used (e.g. last day of the week/month). I don't think we need this, as we could just go for "todays date" during (2nd) sales order/billing document creation.

3). I checked the copy control properties, but this is not really an option I think.

Many thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI, Boiler

I suggest you to check the copy control again.

As I known, there is a Routin setting for data transfer (Data VBRK/VBRP) in the item level. And you can use standard routin 11 means Bill. date= Today.

Hope it can help you.

Wink Young

Former Member
0 Kudos

Many thanks!

Answers (0)