cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cost center not allowed for certain GL accounts

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We have a requirement that cost center together with certain GL accounts should not be allowed. Our FI consultant has created a new field status group which does not allow cost center to be an account assignment. It works fine in MM (ME51N, ME21N) where the user receives an error message. But when we try it in SRM no message are received. Not when creating SC and not when creating PO.

Any ideas?

Sincerely

Anders

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Go to T.code: PPOMA_BBP in the Attributes tab

for the Cost centre : attribute :CNT and be given and similarly for the

G/L account : specify the G/L acount for the user ,so that you can restrict the cost centre and G/L account

Regards

G.Ganesh Kumar

laurent_burtaire
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Anders,

You need to check Financial R/3 customizing in SRM.

Use concerned purchasing document(s) method(s) from BAdI BBP_DOC_CHECK_BADI.

Then, look for Financial function module that could be called using RFC in order to check R/3 customizing.

If no FM exist, you will have to implement a local control in SRM according to your FI R/3 customizing.

Regards.

Laurent.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, so this is not covered within standard configuration, as in MM?

Sincerely

Anders

laurent_burtaire
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Anders,

It does not seem...

Regards.

Laurent.

laurent_burtaire
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Anders,

Due to Ganesh's answer, i think i did not understand your request. Could you please clarify your requirement ?

What do you want to do ?

1- a cost centers restricted list for each general account ?

2- no cost centers allowed for some general accounts ?

For 1, see my previous post or (which would be better) you can add restriction to CC displayed using its search-help by implementing BadI for F4 search-help output exit.

For 2, see IMG SAP Implementation Guide -> Supplier Relationship Management -> SRM Server -> Cross-Application Basic Settings -> Account Assignment -> Define Account Assignment Categories

Here, you define an account assignment category without cost center.

Then in SAP Implementation Guide -> Supplier Relationship Management -> SRM Server -> Cross-Application Basic Settings -> Account Assignment -> Define G/L Account for Product Category and Account Assignment Category, for G/L account concerned (linked to product category), assign account assignment category previously defined.

So, you should not have possibility to assign cost centers (cost assignment) to your account assignment.

Regards.

Laurent.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Laurent,

That solution sounds good. However, doesn't that mean that the user has to choose that specific account category (cat without cc) when creating SC? We have the problem that users a using CC for all GLs. But for a number of GLs the user should not be allowed to create the SC with cc.

Sincerely

Anders

laurent_burtaire
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

If you use customizing Define G/L Account for Product Category and Account Assignment Category, account assignment selection is automatic because product category is linked to G/L account and account assignment category.

So user does not select account assignment.

Regards.

Laurent.