cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError

0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

I am trying to deploy my WD applications thru NWDI on to Portal and i am faced with the following error

java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: com/nissan/nesap/cdd/mesmng/wdp/InternalMessageManagerComp (Unsupported major.minor version 49.0)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass0(Native Method)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java:539)

at com.sap.engine.services.deploy.server.ApplicationLoader.defineClassWithInterception(ApplicationLoader.java:168)

at com.sap.engine.services.deploy.server.ApplicationLoader.loadLocalClass(ApplicationLoader.java:140)

at com.sap.engine.frame.core.load.ResourceLoader.loadClass(ResourceLoader.java:127

Currently I am using NWDS 7.0.0 and JDK 1.4.2_16 and the portal server is on EP 7.0.0 SP15 with JDK 1.4.2_12 .Is this causing the class compatibility exception? Please indicate what version of Java should be used to maintain compatibility and what else factors need to be taken care of??

THanks and regards

SantoshKumar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think a major.minor version of "49.0" indicates JDK 1.5 (As far as I know 1.4 was 48.0.) .

So I think you are compiling with JDK 1.5 instead of 1.4. You can find it ...

NWDS -> Window -> Preferences -> Java -> Installed JREs

There you can see all installed JDKs and the standard JDK which will be used for compiling.

Regards,

Fabian

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This error would occur due to the incompatible version of JDK.Your jdk version for NWDS should not be greater than the portal JDK version.So use jdk 1.4.2_14 or jdk 1.4.2_12 for NWDS ,build the application and deploy.This will solve the issue.

Regards,

srikanth

0 Kudos

Thanks for your replies.

Will install the minor version to the AS Java and try redploying them again

THanks

Santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

since I had the same problem just a few hours ago. I had changed the default JRE for my project but it didnt solve the problem.

My build log had this message in it:

Preparing data context..

No 'default' JDK defined, will use running VM.

which gave me the clue I needed. My NWDS actually ran on a JRE 1.5.17, I solved that by changing the shortcut in the start menu:

C:\Program Files\SAP\IDE\IDE70\eclipse\SapIde.exe -vm "C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.4\bin\javaw.exe"

regards

0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

I have tried installing a minor version of java to that on the portal but still things dont work for only one particular DC which gives this error

java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: com/nissan/nesap/cdd/mesmng/wdp/InternalMessageManagerComp (Unsupported major.minor version 49.0)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass0(Native Method)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java:539)

at com.sap.engine.services.deploy.server.ApplicationLoader.defineClassWithInterception(ApplicationLoader.java:168)

at com.sap.engine.services.deploy.server.ApplicationLoader.loadLocalClass(ApplicationLoader.java:140)

at com.sap.engine.frame.core.load.ResourceLoader.loadClass(ResourceLoader.java:127)

... 61 more

Request you to help me out in identifying the issue as we are on critial stage.Currently we are using NWDI , is there anything else where i need to take care of the Java version ??? like the integration server ??

Edited by: Pheonixreloaded on Sep 23, 2009 5:37 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

so you are using nwdi for deployment too? could you try to deploy the component via NWDS?