cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOAP TO RFC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

i have a following scenario. the scenario is SOAP to XI to ECC, and from XI to ECC RFC's are being used. i have completed the IR and the ID part and i have to check whether the scenario is working correctly or not. For this how should i test the scenario, one of my friend was saying you require Altova XML Spy, could any one please expaing more elaborately about testing this sceanrio????

Thanx in Advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Generally Altova XML SPy is used..

But if it takes time to install new software into your machine there is another option -

There is a u201Cweb versionu201D of the software, you can find it here: http://www.soapui.org/ (click on the u201Cwebstart nowu201D button).

It requires a jre above 1.5

Regards,

Divya

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can test the scenario without any tool also.

Runtime Workbench --> Component Monitoring --> Integration Engine --> Test Message.

Enter the necesssary details and the XML payload and send.

Regards,

Abhishek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nagapartha,

Once you are done with the basic design and configuration you can use any of the testing tools. you can either use SOAP client tool or XML spy. (download the evaluation version as this is not free)

Testing using XML SPY:

Before you test your WS, you can check if your WS WSDL file is valid. Open the WSDL file with XMLSpy and press the F8 key, or select the menu XML -> Validate.

Once your WSDL is valid, go to the SOAP menu and select u201CCreate new SOAP request.u201D In the new window select your WSDL file and then select the remote function that you want to test. Click OK. XMLSpy will generate the SOAP request from your WSDL file. You can edit it if you wish.

To run the SOAP request, select the SOAP menu and select u201CSend request to server.u201D The SOAP response will be displayed.

If authentication is needed (user/pass), a popup window will appear for entering your credentials. It will appear only once until you close the XMLSpy application.

Regards,

Pavan

sunilchandra007
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you have configured the whole scenario, then it is simply like testing a web-service.

Yes, Altova XML Spy is a client that you can use for testing.

Besides this, you can also use SAP WS Navigator.

For details, refer to the following links

1. Walkthrough - SOAP <-> XI <-> RFC/BAPI

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2007/11/07/walkthrough--soap-xi-rfcbapi

2.Testing Your SOAP Web Services

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/7ccd3e4e-0501-0010-95ae-afa58cb46b75&override...

Regards,

Chandra

Edited by: sunil chandra on Sep 21, 2009 5:05 PM

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

1. Create the WSDL file for your interface. (IF you are in XI3.0 or PI7.0, then create it from Integration Directory. Tool->Create WSDL. For PI7.1, You can create it from the sender agreement)

2. Change the URL in wsdl file to following format

http://Domain Name:Port No/XISOAPAdapter/MessageServlet?channel=:BusinessService:CommunicationChannel 

3. USe XMLSPY or soapui and import the wsdl.

4. Create the request and click send

5. Pop-up will come for PI Credentials (Supply the same)

Regards

Suraj