Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Passing Page format to a smartoforms

former_member480606
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have to pass the "Page format" to a custom SMARTFORM Z.. and I don't want use the same fixed one page format.

I didnt' find the field in the structure of input parameter OUTPUT_OPTIONS (thecnical name SSFCOMPOP) in which i have to pass the "PAge format".

Does it exist?

If the answer is no as I suppose do I have to call and use different SMARTFORM for reach my purpose?

Thank you

Gino

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Firstly, the page format in a smartform is defined in GLOBAL SETTING -> FORM ATTRIBUTES -> OUTPUT OPTIONS. For a particular smartform you can have only 1 page format defined. However, we do have an option to changes the page print attributes i.e. (Potrait / landscape) for each of the pages defined in the smartform.This can be done in PAGES -> OUTPUT OPTIONS - > PRINT ATTRIBUTES.

In case the requirement is pretty stringent to have different page formats for the various pages in smartforms then we need to look at having separate smartforms to cater to the need.

Let me know in case you need further assitance.

Cheers,

Varna

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member480606
Participant
0 Kudos

Ok,

thank you all. It'is like I knew.

My requeriment was to print out the same spool to different printer (one in USA, one in turky, one in Italy) in which there are different frmat pages.

I had to choose the layout (DINA4 rather than LETTER) before calling the smartform

Gino

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This functionality is not available directly.

However, you can try using program lines under each page node as the first node and change the pageformat like below.

%HEADER-PAGEFORMAT = 'LETTER'.

But make sure that the page is designed accordingly and on a safer side to adjust the windows inside the new page format.

If DINA4 then you can switch over to LETTER.

Try it and see.

I just happened to test it and it works.

Also you can you different trays to accomodate the printing at the different paper sizes.

e.g first page on TRY01 ( with A4 papers ) and NEXT page with TRY02 ( with letter paper sizes ).

This can be provided as resource name for each page in the output options tab.

Regards,

Ram

Edited by: Ramakrishna Peri on Sep 22, 2009 11:54 AM

tamas_hoznek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

The dynamic method works as Ramakrishna Peri suggested, except I only had to make the switch in the Global Definitions -> Initialization section of the form.

Since the field %HEADER-PAGEFORMAT can not be addressed directly (I got a 'field unknown' message), I used a field-symbol like this:

FIELD-SYMBOLS: <f>.
ASSIGN ('%HEADER-PAGEFORMAT') TO <f>.
IF <condition>.
  <f> = 'DINA4'.
ELSE.
  <f> = 'LETTER'.
ENDIF.

The form design must fit both page formats of course, but that can be easily ensured.

I'm still testing and am not sure if there are any ill effects of doing this, but so far so good.

Thanks for the tip.

former_member191735
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You cannot change page format in runtime. It is not possible as far as i know

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

why do you wanna change the page format at runtime ?? this is not possible and the reason for that is that we have no parameter for that; additionally, you have the windows in a fixed position on the page, so if you change the size/position of the page, you are not changing the windows´ position, which might lead to a short dump.

you´ll have to create more than one form, setting the page format in each, and depending on your requirement, you´ll have to call either one or the other.