Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot Change Profit Center in WBS Elements

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

We create Project Codes & WBS Elements thru CJ20N. Now while creating WBS Elements there are Operative Indicators for Planning Element, Account Assignment Element & Billing Element. We put tick mark in all the indicators.

Now my problem is with Account Assignment Elementindicator. While creating WBS element we have assigned a Profit Center & put tick mark in Account Assignment Element indicator.

While creating PO (thru ME21N) we have assigned a WBS Element in Account Assignment Tab. No subsequent Process like GRN has been done yet. We now came to know that the Profit Center assigned in WBS Element in CJ20N is wrong & tried to change it. But we could not do so as there is already a PO created for the said WBS Element & the Account Assignment Element indicator is in Grey mode.

So we tried following options:

1. Deleted the line item in PO.

2. Changed the WBS Element in PO

3. Removed the Account Assigned Tab in PO

But still the system is not allowing to change the Profit Center in WBS Element in CJ20N & the Account Assignment Element indicator is still in grey mode.

Can anyone please help me on how to solve this issue?

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

Account assignment indicator can not be changed if WBS element is assigned in the information system.

If any value is transferd to information s/s its not cant be unticked.

transaction data already exists for the profit center and you have to removed all entries if you want to change profit

center.

Check weather any posting is done against WBS element i n CJI3,CJI5 if there delete all and then change it.

Regards.

Answers (0)