cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

217 Error in quantity/value determination

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

In my pricing procedure the condition type VPRS is showing 0 value.

In analysis it is showing error: 217 Error in quantity/value determination.

Can you please tell what can be the problem? How dose VPRS work? I only know that VPRS is taken from the material master.

Regards

Fan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

Hi

VPRS retrives the cost of the Material from the material master data > Accounting 1 tab to the Sales order.

Once the cost is found, then Profit margin (Net value - cost) is calculated.

VPRS does not contain any Access sequence.

With the help of its Condition category "G", it accesses the Material master > Accounting tab 1 and takes cost.

There may be two cost specified in the Material master. They are

- Moving Avarage Price

- Standard Price

Which one system will consider that depends upon the "Price control" field.

If the value is "V' in the Price control field, the system takes the "Moving Avarage Price" and if it is "S", then system takes the "Standard Price".

So, you must ensure these few control

- VPRS should NOT have any Access sequence.

- Condition category "G" must have been assigned to VPRS.

- VPRS must have been activated as "Statistical" condition in the Pricing Procedure and should not have any Account key.

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I found the problem. The cost is only maintained at the plant level for a specified plant and in customer master data the delivering plant is not defined for this customer.

However, I think your suggestions are quite helpful.

Best regards,

Fan

Former Member
0 Kudos

That is in the item category VOV7.You have to activate the field.

Regards,

Nithin.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

thank you all for your replies.

I have corrected the setting for condition type "ZPRS" as you suggested. However, I did not find this "determine cost" field. Do you mean that in the item category screen?

Best regards,

Fan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

In the Condition types V/06, select the condition type VPRS and execute. There ensure that you have maintained the following:-

- Cond. class:----

B

- Calculat.type:----

:C

- Cond.category-------:G

- Qty conversion-------X

And also check the field DETERMINE COST whether is activated or not.

And in the Pricing procedure V/08 against the VPRS condition type Check the statistical Option.

Check all these and revert back if you need further details,

regards,

santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There are many material types.There are quite a few material types like configurable material KMAT, service material DIEN, etc. where the quantity need not be updated even though material is available in the plant.Only if the value updation is ticked for the material, the value of condition type VPRS will flow into the document.

Taking the example of service material DIEN, where the user will sell the service,for e.g. 10$ per minute.There is no need of material to be available during the creation of sale order.Hence the quantity and value updation is not necessary.

For other material types like FERT,ROH,etc.you will see both quantity and value updation happening and in sale order the condition VPRS will flow.

Regards,

Nithin.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nithin,

thank you for your reply. Can you give me a short explanation why this relates to the cost condition type?

Best regards,

Fan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In OMS2,check whether for the material type quantity and value updating is done.

Regards,

Nithin