Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot deploy EAR. There are already active sessions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi WebDyn Pro's,

I'm running NW SP14

Sporadically, I cannot deploy my WebDynpro app to the NW server. In NWDS, I indicate to Deploy and run. I get an error in the console indicating:

<b>"Cannot log in. There are already active sessions. Session id 0 An administrator logged in via API /"</b>

I restarted the server and the NWDS workstations but that didn't help. I've had this same error in the past. Usually it goes away. I thought I solved it, but evidently not.

On the NW server, I cannot log into SDM GUI either. I get the same error.

As mentioned above, this error occurs sporadically. I can deploy just fine 50 times. And then all of sudden I start getting this error, even though no one has touched the server.

Thoughts?

Thanks,

Kevin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

I've seen this before as well and have never understood what happened and how to fix it correctly. Then only thing that worked was a total re-boot of the server.

Regards,

Rich Heilman

Former Member
0 Kudos

I rebooted the Server and each of the NWDS PCs, and it didn't help.

lajitha_menon
Contributor
0 Kudos

When there is very little time delay between 2 deployments, this error appears. It also comes when 2 people are trying to deploy at the same time.

If you allow some time between 2 deployments, atleast around 30-40 seconds, this should go away.

regs,

LM

Former Member
0 Kudos

This error may be caused by concurrent deployments, but once the error appears initially, all subsequent deployment requests return this same error.

I've tried rebooting 3 times, etc. I haven't been able to deploy anything for hours because every deploy request returns this error.

It seems that some Admin process is running and preventing any other access to SDM.

I'm running on a Windows Server.

Kevin

former_member182372
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kevin,

You can restart SDM service only from NWDS: open "J2EE Engine" view, select "SDM" service and select "Restart process" from context menu. And again - be careful with concurrent deployments and with parrallel running of deployment in NWDS and SDM GUI.

Best regards, Maksim Rashchynski.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you checked if anyone else is actually using SDM to deploy?

There are some quite significant deployment tasks that my basis team perform which will occupy the SDM tool for a long time and stop me and my other developers from deploying anything.

I've also caused this problem myself when my SDM deployment has stalled - I've been deploying a custom B2B .ear file and the deployment has just got stuck in processing for ages. In the end I've had to kill the SDM task from Windows Task Manager but this causes SDM to think someone is still logged in so I've then had to restart the SDM service from the SAP Management Console.

If this is not the case I'd suggest raising it through OSS if you can't find any relevant messages on there.

Hope this helps,

Gareth Ryan.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey nothing to worry,

Just Restart your SDM using MMC. This will surely solve your problem.

Points are always welcome, if this helps u...

thanks and regards,

Ajay Kande