cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Swift Messages from SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

We are planning to use the standard XI content for SWIFT messages, so we downloaded the content and did the required configuration for one of the scenario we need.

Its technically a file to file schenario using a BPM to collect messages,the sender file adaptor uses a FINConversiontoSWIFT module and the message structure at the source side is called SwiftMessage.

Can anyone give me some information regarding the source file formats, how these messages are generated from SAP etc?

Mat

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi josaph,

I am also planning to use the standard XI content for SWIFT messages,

Its technically a file to file schenario, we are using MT 103- format.

I saw in forums "what is FINConversiontoSWIFT module ",

Please share me if you have any step by step procedure.

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

One year back i worked on Swift message formats,i have very minimum knowledge about swift message my understading followsss

Which Swift format are you going to use??below swift message format available as per knowledge,

MT940- Electronic Accont Statement,

MT 103-Single Customer Credit Transfer,

MT 101-Request for Transfer ,

MT541- message (Receive against payment).

When you wroking with Swift message scenarios you have to be very careful in point of security.

SWIFT messages consist of five blocks of data. In addition, the MQSA component adds two blocks that are used for queue management. The high-level structure of a SWIFT message is as follows:

MQSA UUID

SWIFT 1:Basic Header Block

SWIFT 2: Application Header Block

SWIFT 3:User Header Block

SWIFT 4: Text Block

SWIFT 5: Trailer

MQSA S Block

Regards,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Raj for your inputs.

My question is regarding generating the source files from SAP.

Lets say I'm going to use the MT940- Electronic Accont Statement format...how can i generate this document from SAP?

Mathews

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Hi Suppose if you are receiveing finacial information from customers,let say its in File format,just read the format using File Adapter convert in to Swift format.

To handle swift messages you need to used third party adapter,standard adapter wont suppost as per my knowledge.

Regards,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry, I took the wrong doc format as example...basically what I'm looking at is sending messages from SAP to the banks.

In the config guide for SWIFT XI content, there is an example for Pay to Reconcile Business Scenarios for FIN and I was trying out that which has source and target file adaptors.

Now I'm trying to find a way to generate a sample source file for this interface.

Mat

mohammed_sanil
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Mathews,

I have the same query you have. Does the file adapter module converts the DME file generated by SAP into SwiftMessage format?

If you resolved this issue kindly help in providing solution.

Regards

Sanil

Former Member
0 Kudos

From SAP; we have 2 options to send the SWIFT message to PI.

1. If SAP-ERP is on new (higher) version we have SWIFT module in R/3 which can generate SWIFT message directly which can be forwarded to the service bureau.

2. If SWIFT module is not available;

a) Standard IDOC will be generated in R/3 which is needed to be converted into SWIFT message structure.

b) DME file will be converted into 103 format using FM;

Have look at these FM

FI_PAYMEDIUM_MT103_20

FI_PAYMEDIUM_MT103_25

FI_PAYMEDIUM_MT103_30

FI_PAYMEDIUM_MT103_40