cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sapinst hangs after aborted install of solman 4 MaxDB

Former Member
0 Kudos

tryinmg to install solman 4.0, after a previous attempt hung.

On the screen where I enter the system ID I get an error:

Caught ESAPinstException in Modulecall: ESAPinstException: error text undefined.

Not very helpful... I check in the log and I see:

I

NFO 2009-09-21 09:15:28
Account sdba does not exist.

ERROR 2009-09-21 09:15:28
CJS-00030  Assertion failed: NWDBada.addDBAccountData(): The group sdba is registered as database software 
owner group, but does not exist.

I create the user & group manually (via gui tool)

The I get a different error:

Initialization of accounts for system with SID 'SMA' already in progress. Loopback error.

This is Centos 5.3 X86_64 & gnome. A previous attempt had hung at a later stage (unpacking the database?). Centos should be equivalent to RHEL of the same version number.

I'm assuming that the failed install didn't clean up properly and something is being picked up even though I specifically chose a new installation. I've checked the filesystems set up pre-install (/usr/sap, /sapmnt, etc) are empty.

Any idea how I can undo this jam, short of reinstalling the OS?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

Initialization of accounts for system with SID 'SMA' already in progress. Loopback error.

There seems to hang some user creation process...

> This is Centos 5.3 X86_64 & gnome.

You're aware that this distribution (although derived from RedHat) is not officially supported...

> A previous attempt had hung at a later stage (unpacking the database?). Centos should be equivalent to RHEL of the same version number.

Yes - but there are (small) differences though...

> I'm assuming that the failed install didn't clean up properly and something is being picked up even though I specifically chose a new installation. I've checked the filesystems set up pre-install (/usr/sap, /sapmnt, etc) are empty.

If the database is MaxDB you also need to clean up/delete

/etc/opt/sdb

/usr/spool/sql

/sapdb/*

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

>

> You're aware that this distribution (although derived from RedHat) is not officially supported...

In theory it's compiled from the same sources ... but it's much cheaper Just experimenting, not planning to run it in production.

> If the database is MaxDB you also need to clean up/delete

>

> /etc/opt/sdb

> /usr/spool/sql

> /sapdb/*

>

> Markus

Yes, clearing the first two was the answer (I was already clearing the last one, along with the others mentioned in the setup instructions).

I'm now getting a different error later in the process where it says /sapdata is full (but it's not). But that's for a different question.

Thanks!

Answers (0)