cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Usage of "Update Sales Order" enterprise service

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am using "Read Sales Order_V3" to get the changestateid of sales order for the subsequent use of "Update Sales Order". The sample sales order id I took is "5405" which returns "0.0000000" as its changestateid. I have also tested it with the WS Nagivator of ES Workplace, it returns the identical result. But for the exemplary test data (sales order id: 14814) provided in a simple application from SAP, the returned changestateid is "20090919132556.1480000" which implies timestamp is used for the changestateid generation. Does the difference here lie in some configurations?

I proceeded to test the "Update Sales Order" enterprise service with the sales order (id: 5405) and changestateid (0.0000000) in WS Navigator of my CE server. It returned error message " RemoteException: Read timed out " which does not provide any helpful hint.

So I tested the same enterprise service (Update Sales Order) in WS Navigator of ES Workplace. It is working. Then I checked the business function of the service, which is shown below:

Business Function: LOG_ESOA_OPS_2, PSM_ESOA_SDINT

"Read Sales Order_V3" has exactly the same business function. Before I used the "Read Sales Order_V3", the business functionLOG_ESOA_OPS_2 was not activated in t.code SFW5 and therefore I got error too. After the activation, the service became usable. However, I could not find PSM_ESOA_SDINT.

I checked the prerequisites for the usage of "Update Sales Order" too:

Prerequisites

If you want to use this operation, you must work with the application component Sales and Distribution (SD) .

For more information, see Sales Order Processing .

Nevertheless, the statement above does not provide any useful information too. So right now I am running out of idea about the problem.

Could anyone please help me on this issue?

Regards,

Joon Meng

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You explained problem nicely but it is not clear whether you are using your own system or ESW or both (I guess both).

PSM_ESOA_SDINT is available with release 603 (or Ehp3 so you should be able to see it).

Make sure that SO exist in system (check in transaction VA02 from value help).

Regards,

Gourav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gourav,

thanks for the quick reply. I am using enterprise service solely from ERP in my landscape. I only used ESW to test and diagnose if problem arises in order to determine source of the problem.

Mine is IDES ECC 603 but I wonder why I could not find PSM_ESOA_SDINT in SFW5. Could it be the reason why the enterprise service is not functioning? But this could not explain why "Read Sales Order_V3" could work without PSM_ESOA_SDINT, since both enterprise services share the same business functions.

The SO does exist in the system. I have previously checked the SO in VA02 and VA03. Besides, I have successfully used enterprise services "Find Sales Order Basic Data by Buyer and Basic Data" and "Read Sales Order_V3" to locate the SO.

I hope that I am making the question clearer. Do you have any other idea of finding out the root cause of the problem?

Thanks,

Joon Meng

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

any update about this?

Thanks,

Joon Meng

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have tried to execute the "Change Sales Order" and I got the same problem as with "Update Sales Order". However, the other enterprise services like "Read Sales Orver_V3", "Read Customer Basic Data_V2", and "Find Customer Address Basic Data by Name and Address" are working perfectly.

Please kindly inform me if there is any approach to further investigate the problem mentioned above.

Thanks,

Joon Meng

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you getting any fault message? normally read operation should preceed change/update. Remember change and update have distinctive features (like checking data before changing it).

Refer to this link: http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi71/helpdata/EN/9e/a840da110a4d23842eb666cd1fff2f/content.htm

Investigate on this line. Another possibility is to check whether you have all authorization on your system or not, for example you can read SO but you can't change SO which is not created by you.

Regards,

Gourav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gourav,

I did not get any fault message when I executed the service in WS Navigator. No XML content and no HTTP log. The only response is the following message:

RemoteException: Read timed out

So I changed the timeout from 60s to 120s for the second test and did not get back any fault message either. Below are the details of the result:

1. HTTP log:

HTTP/1.0 500 Timeout

date: Mon, 28 Sep 2009 12:03:38 GMT

server: SAP Web Application Server

connection: close

content-length: 1870

content-type: text/html

2. Error message in WS Navigator

RemoteException: Invalid Response content type. Server returned code (500) with message <Timeout> and content type <text/html>.

I am able to change the sales order in the t.code VA02. I suppose this means that I have the authorization for the editing sales order. Am I right?

Regards,

Joon Meng