Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Soap : getting response in XMlspy, but no message in XI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts!

Scenario : SOAP -> XI -> R3 (Proxy)

-Scenario is configured in REP + Dir.

-WSDL generated with correct URL (As suggested on SDN by experts )

-Using XMLspy for calling the ws.

When Soap request is created and sent to server via XMLspy : I get the response as :

<html>
	<head>
		<title>MessageServlet</title>
	</head>
	<body>
		<h3>Message Servlet is in Status OK</h3>
		<h3>Status information:</h3>
Servlet com.sap.aii.af.mp.soap.web.MessageServlet (Version $Id: //tc/xi/NW04S_15_REL/src/_adapters/_soap/java/com/sap/aii/af/mp/soap/web/MessageServlet.java#1 $) bound to /MessageServlet
<br/>Classname ModuleProcessor: null
<br/>Lookupname for localModuleProcessorLookupName: localejbs/ModuleProcessorBean
<br/>Lookupname for remoteModuleProcessorLookupName: null
<br/>ModuleProcessorClass not instantiated
<br/>ModuleProcessorLocal is Instance of com.sap.aii.af.mp.processor.ModuleProcessorLocalLocalObjectImpl0_0
<br/>ModuleProcessorRemote not instantiated
</body>
</html>

I expect it to be a positve response.

But when I check for CC monitoring : It shows me "Channel Started but Inactive"

Any suggestion will be appreciated.

Regards,

XI Queries.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

hope the url where you are sending the request s of this format:

http://Domain Name:Port No/XISOAPAdapter/MessageServlet?channel=:BusinessService:CommunicationChannel

check this in WSDL

Regards

Suraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suraj,

Yaa, I do have the URl defined in the required format in WSDL as well.

Earlier i was getting Http Post error, after changing the URL in WSDL (as per the sugestions on SDN) I got the response as shown in my previous post (Question above). So I think, now the URL should be fine and problem is something else.

Regards,

XI Queries.

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Ok..

So is there any other Soap scenarios configured which is running successfully?? ( so that we can say it to be a configuration problem rather than some server issue)?

Also what port have you used to send the message is it the J2EE port?

If possible paste here the request message and url used

Regards

Suraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suraj,

The URL used is :

http://pfodx100.abc.dk:52000/XISOAPAdapter/MessageServlet?channel=:BS_MobileAp:PSA_MobileTimeReg_Soap_Sender_Sync_CC

I think you have the request message with you, sent by me last friday

I have copied the port from SMICM

GOTO -> HTTP server -> Display Data

J2EE HTTP port = 52000

Is this the correct way to do it?

Kind Regards,

Xi Queries.

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The URL looks fine.

J2EE port is the port you get in XI home page (http://server:port/dir/start/index.jsp*)

What about the other SOAP scenarios? Or is thi the first one

>>I think you have the request message with you, sent by me last friday

is it? but i didn't get any mail? IF I have got, you would have surely got a reply from me

Regards

Suraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suraj,

There are some soap scenarios in Landscape, but i do not have authorizations, test data for them. Those were developed long time ago and by other team.

I can find all those sender Soap CC in same status i.e. Uninitialised, but i think after a particular time period if Soap adapter does not receive any messages it will be reset to Uninitialised status.

Yes, after checking for request message, you did replied to check with basis for the issue. I do not have a direct communication to Basis team. I have to follow a long procedure for that with lot of persons involved in between. I have initiated the process but its gonna take some time. So was trying to confirm if the problem was somewhere in my configuration itself.

Regards,

Xi Queries.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just a quick thought,

You do have the LOGGING_SYNC parameter set to 1 for the runtime category in Integration Engine config right?

Mat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mathew,

Thanks for hint. I have checked it, and is set to 1.

Regards,

Xi Queries.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello again - Experts,

I have noticed that, the above response is sent by MessageServlet or something thats b4 CC and the request is not at all reaching the Channel.

I verified this by : Providing the name of CC in URL that does not exist at all.

Also I tried using the URL :

http://pfodx100.abc.dk:52000/XISOAPAdapter/MessageServlet?

I get the same response using this short URL i.e. w/o BS and CC parameters.

html>
	<head>
		<title>MessageServlet</title>
	</head>
	<body>
		<h3>Message Servlet is in Status OK</h3>
		<h3>Status information:</h3>
Servlet com.sap.aii.af.mp.soap.web.MessageServlet (Version $Id: //tc/xi/NW04S_15_REL/src/_adapters/_soap/java/com/sap/aii/af/mp/soap/web/MessageServlet.java#1 $) bound to /MessageServlet
<br/>Classname ModuleProcessor: null
<br/>Lookupname for localModuleProcessorLookupName: localejbs/ModuleProcessorBean
<br/>Lookupname for remoteModuleProcessorLookupName: null
<br/>ModuleProcessorClass not instantiated
<br/>ModuleProcessorLocal is Instance of com.sap.aii.af.mp.processor.ModuleProcessorLocalLocalObjectImpl0_0
<br/>ModuleProcessorRemote not instantiated
</body>
</html>

Is it a normal behaviour of the system?

Just to provide more details, i am configuring async soap call as we expect just a transport level Ack (EO scenario expecting HTTP 200 or 202 response as explained in note for SOAP FAQ). So empty response is Ok, but we should get the message in XI. The message is not even reaching CC. It has status uninitialised.

Any inputs on this situation!

Regards,

Xi Queries.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Again.

Now i tried to test the scenario using SoapUI 3.0.1 test client. I think it is better option as it shows the actual response.

I am getting the response as :

HTTP/1.1 302 Found
Location: https://pfodx100.abc.dk:52001/XISOAPAdapter/MessageServlet?channel=:BS_MobileAp:PSA_MobileTimeReg_Soap_Sender_Sync_CC
Server: SAP J2EE Engine/7.00
Content-Length: 0
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2009 13:53:42 GMT

302 is for redirecting the request to different URL. The new Url is the link mentioned in Location tag of the response. New link is same as that of expected URL just with HTTPS instead of HTTP.

Now can some one tell me why this redirection is taking place even though I have set security level to HTTP in CC?

I guess it can be due to SSL enablement of XI done for some previous scenarios.

So does this indicates once we have system SSL enabled , there onwards every SOAP scenario needs to be HTTPS?

Please clarify my doubts. Appropriate points will be provided..

Thanks in Advance!

Kind regards,

Xi Queries.

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Give a try with this URL: http://<IPAddress OR ServerName>:<PORT_No>/XISOAPAdapter/MessageServlet?channel=:<SenderBusinessService>:<SenderSOAPCC>&version=3.0&Sender.Service=<SenderBusinessService>&Interface=<SenderInterfaceNamespace>%5E<SenderMI>

use IP address of your XI/ PI server....the first response message that you are getting indicates an error and hence you are not able to view any message in sxmb_moni.

Make sure that you are using the correct message format in the test client and user-id and password are entered in the authentication section of your SOAP test tool.

REgards,

Abhishek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello friends,

I have got the cause of a problem, the tool SOAP UI has a flag :

File -> Preferences -> Http settings -> Authenticate Preemptively.

This flag needs to be set to include the Authentication details into SOAP request. Now i get HTTP 200 Ok response as expected.

This also proved the mechanism to send back transport level ACK (HTTP 200) to sender on Async Soap scenario.

Thanks for all your support.

Points awarded appropriately to all those helped me or tried to do so...

Does any one knows how can we include these details (uname / Pwd ) in soap request using XMLspy???

Regards,

XI Queries.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It seems to be a response of empty request. You have to create a proper Soap request and send it to PI. Could you see any message in sxmb_moni with payload?

The channel status is Started but Inactive because there is no message yet passed through that channel.

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prateek,

Thanks for quick reply.

- I do have data in my soap request (not a empty request).

- No , I do not get any message in moni, so no question of getting the payload.

- Yes, the channel has status Inactive since it has not received any message, and thats what I wanna know - why is it not receiving the message and from where I am getting the response back if CC is not receiving the request ?

Regards,

XI Queries.