cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STO INSPECTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My scenario is I am receiving material from Plant X to Y. I want to inspect the material in Plant Y (receiving plant).

Please clarify the below points:

1) I have activated inspection type 08 in receiving plant. Is it correct?

2) I want to create notification for the supplying Plant. Notification type F3 is being used. Is it correct?

3) The supplying plant is not reflected in the inspection lot. I want to take vendor quality rating for the supplying plant.

Thanks & Regards

V. Devaraj

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

My scenario is I am receiving material from Plant X to Y. I want to inspect the material in Plant Y (receiving plant).

is it a STO scenario or normal MRP Purchase order scenario.?

If it is STO then you can carry out this scenario.

1) I have activated inspection type 08 in receiving plant. Is it correct?

Yes .This will work but if you are using the STO order in that case you can also try to active 02 or 01 in receiving plant.

2) I want to create notification for the supplying Plant. Notification type F3 is being used. Is it correct?

F2 is against vendor who is supplying the material.F3 is against material.

3) The supplying plant is not reflected in the inspection lot. I want to take vendor quality rating for the supplying plant.

If you crate a plant as a vendor then its like a normal vendor Quality rating.otherwise if it is only stock trnasfer from one plant to other then its difficult to have VQR.

Regards

Sujit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hii,

First u check whether material is transfered from plant X to Plant Y for jobwork purposes (which means sending mat or getting back as sfg) or stock tarnsfer. Generally for stock transfer between plants of same company code, Stock transfer P.O will be raised (sending material without billing) . If this is the case , then prefer 01 GR Inspection where GR will be done based on the stock tarnsfer P.O.

If above scnario is nt, then go for 08 insp type, where inspection lot will be generated for material in the stock in tarnsit. I think this will hv better clarity for u.

with regards,

K.Lokesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Logesh,

Thanks for your reply.

My scenario is that Plant X (Receiving Plant) is generating STO to Plant Y (Supplying Plant).

The Plant Y (Supplying Plant) makes invoice against the STO to Plant X

The Plant X (Receiving Plant) makes 101 entry.

In this case, I have activated inspection type 08 and Notification type for the same is F3. Is it Correct.

Thanks & Regards

V. Devaraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hii Devaraj,

Wht u had adopted is right. But u say that Plant Y is making Invoice for the STO material. It means they are doing some purchasing activity & plant Y is nothing bt a vendor. If this is the case y can't u try for 01 inspection type which is general scenario, here GR will be done against STPO instaed of P.O.

with regards,

K.Lokesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi dev

what is the movement type you are using for this process?

thanks

Sami

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

MVT TYPE IS 101

REGARDS

V. DEVARAJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Shall I Use Notification type F3 for STO GRN at Receiving Plant (Inspection type 08 and Movement type 101)

Regards

V. Devaraj

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Devaraj

The process specified by you is correct. You will define a z report to calculate the vendor quality rating for your supplying plant as no standard report has this functionality.

Regards

Gajesh