cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multimapping n:1 (XML to IDOC) Issue - Cannot use map in the scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi! I have created a multimapping in the directory. Source message is 0...unbounded and destination message is 1. The intention is to bring a single file into XI that contains mutliple XML messages. I then need to map this into a single IDOC. I have the mapping working. However, when I try and bring this into my integration scenario, XI cannot find the message interface.

I am not 100% convinced that this will all hang together 😃 But Cannot even prove that 'cos I cannot set this up in the scenario.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciate and rewarded.

Thx

Duncan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Duncan

<i>I have created a multimapping in the directory. Source message is 0...unbounded and destination message is 1.</i>

So you have created this mapping in <b>Repository</b> . Did you create Interface Mapping for N:1 Mapping..

Then use this in the directory.

For this you may end up to use BPM to execute N:1 Mapping.

<i>

However, when I try and bring this into my integration scenario, XI cannot find the message interface</i>

Where are you getting this error.. In the Directory ?? If so it tells that there is no Interface Mapping exists between selected Sender Interface and Target Interface.

Hope this helps,

regards,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Duncan,

As I understand you are doing a file to IDoc scenario with N:1 mapping.

For this you will need to create MT and message Interface for the Incoming file.

For SAP side, you can use the IDoc as the message type and message Interface and you don't have to create a MT and MI for the same.

Which is the interface that you are unable to see. Hope you have created the action etc required.

here is an example of Integration Scenario

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/ec/21ee117a909f44a8b69794b9ed6221/content.htm

Regards

Vijaya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Apologies for getting all my terminology screwed up. Here is what I have:

<u>Integration Repository</u>

Imported Objects - Target IDOC

Interface Objects : External Definitions - XML schema of source message

Interface Objects : Message Interface - For source XML; Outbound + Asynch

Message Objects : Message Mapping - XML (0..unbounded) to IDOC (1) map

Message Objects : Interface Mapping - XML message interface (0..unbounded) -> XML to IDOC mapping -> IDOC (1)

<u>Integration Directory</u>

Interface Determination...

I select Type of Interface Determination = Extended but when I pull down the dropdown I do not see the multimap.

I have this working OK for one IDOC to multiple XML messages, doing the same as above. I have checked SCV, namespace etc... and they are correct. I am sure I am missing something very simple.

Again, any ideas appreciated.

Thx

Duncan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Duncan,

I hope in the Interface mapping for receiver message Interface you have used the IDoc and not the ED.

Even though you are using ED for MM but you have to take the IDoc as the receiver MI in the Interface mapping.

In the ID, for Interface determination you have to have the MI of the sender and IDoc for receiver and then see if your mapping is visible

Regards

Vijaya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijaya

Not 100% sure I understand. In interface determination, my sender interface is the MI associated with the source XML. Previously when I set up multi mapping, I click on <i>Extended</i> as the Type of ID. The drop down then shows me the list of multimaps I have created in the intergration directory. I select the map and XI populates the receiver interface as the inbound interface in the interface determination. This is not happening in this case. I have a working example in the SAP-XI-external system direction. Thoughts? Thx, Duncan