cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printing space line when text is initial in Table .

SrihariNerella
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Abapers,

I am working on smartform . I am printing LONGTEXT in my O/P in Table .User entering @ after every line. I am spliting text at @ into different six text fields . when i am displaying the data if text is initial also it is taking space line . I donot want to display extra line when i am printing . I used the Initialization also ( &text1(i) ) it is not giving the result .

Please give me your suggestions.

Regards

Nandan.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

Use Conditions TAB in the TEXT which ur printing i.e the WA_TDLINE-TEXT # initial then only print ..

IF it is not initial then only print else dont ,

surya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In smartforms, if you do not want to display any field which is initial then in the conditions tab use the condition as e.g TEXT1 # INITIAL for that text node.

Regards,

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

what type of variable are they? if its char** variable then ofcourse it will keep the spaces. try by taking them as string.

SrihariNerella
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your reply . I am taking those fields as string only. I think it is problem with table command . I am printing these fields in table .

Regards

Nandan.N

Former Member
0 Kudos

ofcourse,

in the table you would have specified them in particular columns right?

even if text comes or not, the column has to come.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

check if yourdata is initial before starting the table.

and do not start the table if initial.

Gr., Frank

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Under Table -> Row lines, you have a "CONDITIONS" tab. Key in your required conditions for having the table dispalyed. i.e. fieldname (XYZ) NE '@'.

This essentially checks of this particular line needs to be printed or not.

Let me know if this helps or if you need further assistance on the same.

Thanks,

Varna

SrihariNerella
Participant
0 Kudos

HI VARUN,

Thanks for your reply . I am using workarea having 5 fields . When i am giving row condition like it is not equal to space . It is not displaying any thing .Because every time any one of the field should be space , long text not more than 5 lines and some times it be 1 or 2 or 3 or 4 . If i give condition of fieldname ne space. It will not work .

Regrads

Nandan.N

Former Member
0 Kudos

"I am working on smartform . I am printing LONGTEXT in my O/P in Table .User entering @ after every line. I am spliting text at @ into different six text fields . when i am displaying the data if text is initial also it is taking space line . I donot want to display extra line when i am printing . I used the Initialization also ( &text1(i) ) it is not giving the result .

"

if @ is what is used to jump to the next line, try having the condition as the field Contain Pattern (CP) '@'.

If this doesnt help, please help describe your problem more explicitly, so that we could help you with the same.

Cheers,

Varna