cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sold party & ship to party

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

My client has a requirement that they want to show a sales with SP as some doemstic customer but the ship to party will be some foreign customer.Now this ship to party deals with the foreign currency.I know that whatever be the currency of the SH be, it will not have any effect but i wish to knw whether such transaction is possible or not.

R/Sanjeev

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

closing the thread

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Not sure, but I feel you can achieve the requirement for which, you may consider the following:-

a) Have a new order type / billing type and a different document pricing procedure

b) Have a new pricing procedure. Perhaps you can even consider your existing exports pricing procedure if the conditions assigned therein meets the requirement

c) Have the pricing based on Ship To Party in VK11 / PR00

d) Check the document currency while creating sale order and if need, change the document currency to the required

e) How about Payer's currency ??

f) On the CIN part, not sure whether your existing Excise Series Group intended for exports, is enough for this scenario

Please update whatever issues you face or resolved as this will be a new scenario to almost all members.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

The details of the transaction is as follows.

My client wants to bill/sell it to a customer (domestic).He in turn is going to ship it to other party who is outside india.Now this is only a one time transaction and the prices ,taxes ,etc will only be applicable for the domestic customer since it is to be sold to him only.

The other party will be doing the export process (trading kind of)and the prices,etc will be accordingly for which we have no concern.So it will be SP,PY & BP will be the domestic customer and only SH will be Outside party.

My only concern is that will there be any problem in this scenario as this is almost a new case for me.As far as the transaction currency is concerned it will be in INR only.

Please comment

R/Sanjeev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjeev

First of all please verify this process as it seems flawed, though technically u can configure a separate ship to party code and attach it to domestic sold to part y u ahve to consider following

1. Currency of customer master

In the same document it will be different for different partners. this will also impact Active receivable calcualtion per customer due to currency differences .

2.Pricing procedure : As Excise duties and taxes are applicable for domestic customer but not for exports . In your case for sold toparty these are applicable but as per ship toparty its not . how customer reports it to legal authorities is a matter of concern.

3. Sales tax returns from FI

it will be applicable for SP.

4. Excise invoice generation :Domestic for exports ? for exports ARE1 processing u need Exports series excise invoice. but then u cant sell the same in domestic market.

Also other legal requirements pertaining to ship to aprty country may not be applicable in india.

Please confirm first from customer on all these and then decide for implementing this scenario.

Reagrds

Mandar

former_member211108
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Mandar,

Please note that

You can define the currency for sold to party and not for ship to party,

At document level there will be one and only one currency. The system proposes the document currency from the customer master record of the sold-to party. You can change the currency manually in the document. If you change the currency, the system recalculates prices for the entire document.

Taxes are calculated based on the tax relevency indicator of the ship to party and material plus ship from country, state(of plant) and ship to country state etc(of ship to party). If you have multiple line items with different ship to then in a sale order then there will be invoice split

So considering all these I hope there should not be issue to map the business process in normal case. However i am not sure on CIN.

Experts : please comments

Regards,

Atul

former_member211108
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sanjeev,

Please note that the system determines the tax from the destination(ship to party) and departure (plant), so in your case taxes will be based on the export.

It is possible that for a sold to party who is a domestic customer may have the ship to party in different country.

If you wish to do the transaction in different currency then you can maintain the same in condition records and set the currency conversion rules (T code OB08)

Hope this will help you.

If have concerns please revert to the forum.

Thanks and Regards,

Atul