Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Validate dateTime value in Proxy

Hi, I've created a deployable proxy to consume a .NET web service, the comunication is working fine but it is sending dateTime values in this format:

2006-06-01T12:00:00.0000000

which I think it is not standard but the company cannot change this. The error message that the servlet which consumes this web services show this error:

Ex=java.rmi.RemoteException: Service call exception; nested exception is:

com.sap.engine.services.webservices.jaxrpc.exceptions.XmlUnmarshalException: XML Deserialization Error. Can not create instance of [java.util.Calendar] from string [2006-06-01T12:00:00.0000000] with schema type [http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema][date].

My question is, there's any way to catch this error and parse the string (I've heard of customb serializer and wrappers) before it stops running the program?

Regards

Former Member
Former Member replied

hi,

enter the WSDL's URL into a webbrowser. If you use IE you'll see it formatted. Right click and select View Source. Now you see the WSDL in plain text. Use File->Save to save it to your hard disk. Edit it with the the browser of your choice.

Now create a webservice client (proxy) based on that file on your harddisk (I suppose you have got some option to either load a WSDL from an URL or a local file).

Hope this helps.

anton

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question