Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Passing Parameters From One WebDynpro Application to Another

sid-desh
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan/Bertram,

I studied the example on passing parameters from one webdynpro application to another. However in that example both the applications are in the same WebDynpro Project.

However if the applications are in different WebDynpro Projects then what changes need to be made.

Please suggest.

Also i am having another problem wherein after adding the InterfaceView Controller to the View Controller as described in the document when i click on the implementation tab of View Controller my whole code gets commented and then there are series of errors displayed. Is this a problem with the version of NDS. i am using NDS 2.0.4.

Please suggest on this also.

Thanks and Regards

Sidharth Deshpande

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

gregory_hawkins1
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Sidharth,

What was the example you looked at for parameter passing? When using the WDPortalNavigation example for parameter passing, there should be no difference in the navigation between when the two applications are in the same Web Dynpro project and when they are in separate projects (development components). Please note that the PortalNavigation parameter passing does not work in SS3 (SP6 for NDS and WAS 6.40) but it is supposedly fixed again in SS4 that is now out. In your case (SP4), the parameter passing should be working.

As far as your other problem, the commenting out of all the code is usually the result of the NDS not being able to interpret your code. This is often caused by adding code in the incorrect locations. The method code needs to be between the @begin and @end tags and have no other custom code in other areas. The public methods should be defined through the method tab (private methods can go between the private @begin and @end areas at the bottom of the controller implementation.

Hope this helps,

--Greg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gregory and Siddharth,

The tutorial as well as the donwloadable source code for the example application (Inter-Application Navigation) are now available at:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/sdn/developerareas/webdynpro.sdn?page=TutWD15_InterApplicationNavigation.htm

Regards,

Pranav

Answers (0)