SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Characteristic profiles

Former Member
0 Kudos

All,

We are an IS Retail system but and we have merchandise categories and some characteristics defined in the system but we are not maintaining characteristics profile? Is this a good practise?

For example, for an Single article M , merchandise category B , we have characteristics colour and size and different values for colour - Blue ,Red , black etc and size - S, M , L.

What benefit will i get by using characteristics profile from the above example perspective?

Does the user see the characteristic profile on the mm43 screen or on PO too? I'm new to this and i'm not able to figure out.

Thanks,

Ram

1 REPLY 1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

I would (in most cases) recommend to use characteristic profiles.

Reasons:

1. If you assign a characteristic directly to a merchandise category, EVERY article of this merchandise category has this characteristic. (There is - of course - the possibility, that the characteristic has not to be maintained, but if you enter article master, the characteristic is always there). With a characteristic profile (consisting of the above mentioned characteristic), you can choose when creating the article wether the characteristic profile should be used or not. This gives you the possibility to have articles with and without the characteristic in the same merchandise category.

In your example, maybe you have some articles, which have only the characteristic "size" (e.g. a white standard-shirt)?

2. If you want to have articles with different characteristics within the same merchandise category (e.g Article A, Characteristic A and Article B with characteristic B), this can only be achieved with characteristic profiles. So, if you're customer somewhere in the future want to work with such a constellation, you can easily achieve this, when you are using characteristic profiles. If you are only using characteristics assigned directly to the merchandise category, this won't work.

Hope it helps.

Regards

Tobias