cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Working with SD and ED/catch value from a textbox

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello i have this sql query and im trying to work with SD and ED, but i want a special thing :)...for example, today is 20/09/2009 and i want that SD = 20/09/2009 00:00:00 and ED = 20/09/2009 hours...but the hours of ED is the hours that the user loads the page...it is possible to do this??...if this isnt possible how can i catch the value from a textbox??

select sum(max(yieldqty)) as Max_Yield, sum(max(scrapqty)) as Max_Scrap

from z_event

where linenumber= Parameter1 and shiftnumber = Parameter2 and

eventtimestamp >= SD and

eventtimestamp <= ED

group by ordernumber

regards

Mário

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sidnooradarsh
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Say this is your Text box in html/irpt page

<input type="text" size="10" name="T1" id="T1">

Then in Javascript use the following

1) If textbox is inside a html form <form name="MyForm">></form> then

var Textval = document.MyForm.T1.value

2) if No form is used in html/irpt then

var Textval = document.getElementById("T1").value

Then Pass the fetched date time value to respective applet as parameters using setParam.

Hope this helps!!

Regards,

Adarsh

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks a lot for helping me

regards

Mário

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Assuming your query uses the proper date tokens

[SD] and [ED]

you can put Today@00:00:00 in the Time text field on the date tab of your query template, then make your Duration 1 Day and make sure that the Allow Future dates checkbox is disabled. The Time field effectively sets the startdate in this example and with the query not allowing future times, you will essentially get your desired 'Day until now' time range, which will go into your query's where clause tokens.

This way the EndDate will be now() and the startdate of your query will be at 0:00 hours today. Test your query template in text/xml and observe the Rowsets StartDate and EndDate attributes at the top of the xml and you'll see the values set by the query details.