cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Define Business System in SLD.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We configured SLD host on EPDEV system (EP System based on Only Web as Java).

We have diffrent system for PI. At the time of PI installation I mentioned SLD Host as EP system.

In PI am facing some problem while executing SLDCHECK, output as "No Business System defined for PI Technical system"

In EP SLD HOST, By using wizard I am trying to add PI as a technical system, In in first step, I selected Web as ABAP, after that next two steps its ok, In Installed product step, I added installed pucts and saved then it giving me error of "CIM_ERROR_ALREADY_EXISTS".

Then I canceled the wizard and came on main screen, I found two technical systems for PI SID as below.

1. PI Web as ABAP

2. PI Web as Java

I checked the installed products for both PI Technical Systems then I found,

1. PI Web as ABAP there is no installed product and when I tried to add new Installed product then itu2019s again showing the same CIM_ERROR.

2. PI Web as Java its showing all installed products for Java, so I am able to create business system for this technical system.

But I am unable to create busyness system for PI Web as ABAP system because no installed products in the list.

So can you please tell me how to resolve this problem. I tried to delete all PI technical systems and recreate ones again. It gets delete but at the time of recreation again the same CIM error I am getting.

Is this problem because of my EP is only based on Java??

Can I switch SLD HOST to my PI system as this is ABAP+JAVA? If possible its no big problem for me because its new implementation and only PI DEV and EP DEV two systems are there in this SLD group.

Please reply with your good experience skills.

Regards,

Jay

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>By using wizard I am trying to add PI as a technical system, In in first step, I selected Web as ABAP, after that next two steps its ok, In Installed product step, I added installed pucts and saved then it giving me error of "CIM_ERROR_ALREADY_EXISTS".

Once you create and removes a business system, you have to remove all the instances of it befor you re-create.

In SLD, Go to Administration -> Content Maintainence -> Subset All with Instances -> Class Business system.

There you can see your business system's instance, Remove it from there too. If any other instance is created in any other place, it will again pop to delete the same.

Regards

Suraj

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Its still unresolved

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I agree with your suggestions. But in my PI system RZ70 also not running successfully. Its giving me SLD_UC RFC connection failed. In RZ70 the Host -- epdev and Service -- sapgw00 is arrived automatically after installtion of PI.

My question is this RFC problem as EP is only on Java and not on ABAP.

Also my EP system is on EHP1 and PI is without EHP (vanilla system), so for EP system its showing kernel 701 and for PI it is kernel 700. Is this also a reason for my problem??

Please reply.

Regards,

Jay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Based on OS, the SAP notes may help you--> 851251 & 848950.

Also refer the solutions given in below forum to delete and recreate the technical instances.

Thanks

Swarup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Jay,

Its quite obvious from your comments that you have not done PI post-install activites available as CTC template.

Please do check the installation document.

You have to provide the SLD info of the PI system in the SLD provider service of the portal, so that it reports to the SLD of PI System.

Rgds,

Mat.

Former Member
0 Kudos

So can you please tell me how to resolve this problem. I tried to delete all PI technical systems and recreate ones again. It gets delete but at the time of recreation again the same CIM error I am getting.

Is this problem because of my EP is only based on Java??

You need to import SLD with latest cimsap & cr content to reflect ABAP & JAva systems provided by SAP....

Can I switch SLD HOST to my PI system as this is ABAP+JAVA? If possible its no big problem for me because its new implementation and only PI DEV and EP DEV two systems are there in this SLD group.

You can have SLD on EP or XI.. Technically it donse't matter. But as PI relies heavily on SLD, i would recommend the SLD to be moved to PI & EP sytem pointing to PI-SLD..

How to repoint SLD... Check SLD Installation guides...

-Siva Maranani