cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autoreaction method not working

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have setup Central Solution Monitoring in SolMan 7.0 system & installed CCMS agents in satellite systems.

CCMS data of remote systems is visible in CEN (SolMan) in realtime.

I copied a standard method & created Z_CCMS_OnAlert_Email_Central in RZ21 of CEN as per instructions in SAP documentation.

I assigned this copied method to MTE classes Availability_SysPercent_ABAP, Availability_InstPercent & Availability_DiaRespTime under the Availability node.

But for alerts generated in CCMS of CEN when i goto Open Alerts > Display alerts, the column for status shows 'Action required'. As per documentation, once the autoreaction method is assigned the status should change from Action required > Action running > Active.

So the issue is status of alerts is not changing due to which alert notification mails are not generated.

FYI: Central dispatching & Background dispatching are already active in CEN. Availability node is not active in satellite system but its data is reflected in Availability node of CEN (CCMSPING agent is registered in CEN).

Please help & suggest reasons why autoreaction methods are not working.

- Roshan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Issue is solved...although by workaround.

I selected Method execution as 'periodically in background' in Method definition screen > Control tab.

Earlier I has selected 'only in central system' as suggested in SAP docs.

Cheers!

Roshan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Issue is solved...although by workaround.

I selected Method execution as 'periodically in background' in Method definition screen > Control tab.

Earlier I has selected 'only in central system' as suggested in SAP docs.

Cheers!

Roshan

deepen_shah3
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am not sure if the issue is resolved. I have recently setup auto-reaction. when you assign autoreaction method from solution manager to satellite system, you should see them assigned in RZ20 of satellite system. Alerts would also be generated in satellite system. You need method dispatching scheduled in satellite system along with solution manager. Central method dispatcher should be running in client 000 of solution manager(central system).

This is my first attempt to help anyone on sdn. Please award points if my solution is helpful or update the thread with more details.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepen,

As i mentioned in the first post, I have this problem specifically in Availability Node.

Alerts from Dialog overview Node are working fine (satellite system RZ20 reflects correct method assignment). Method dispatching is active in satellite.

Availability node for satellite system is Inactive (Communication error when attempting to call CCMSPING) may be because CCMSPING is registered in CEN where the node is active & reports correct data from satellite.

In this case how do we activate the Avail. node of satellite (if thats the only solution)?

PS: manual trigger of auto-reaction method works fine & it sends a notification mail. We want the trigger to happen automatically.

- Roshan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roshan,

You've registered the satellite system into CEN, right? How about the result in RZ20? could you find out any data in availability MTE class?

Availability has nothing to do with central alerting mechinism.

If that's OK, following setting might be useful:

1. check batch job status in SM37, whether that's successfully finished.

2. Check which client of the job was submitted. As my experience before, mail alerting configuration and job must be configured in client 000 of CEN system.

3. if both of above check point is ok, please assign a MTE class in CEN to test the auto-reaction (for example, assgin CPU_Utilization for the method and lower the threshold to trigger the alert).

If you still cannot got the mail alerting, please provide me your setups in client 000. (like user setting, job, and scot).

Thanks, Jett

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Roshan,

Please check whether the Autoreaction method is assigned properly in RZ21-Methods->Your Method-against the MTE you have defined

and also in RZ20-Availability monitoring(- <the MTE Class>-.

You can assign methods (autoreactions) by editing the MTE - Under methods.

refer to the below note.

939616 CCMS auto-reactions: Help with troubleshooting

Hope this helps.

Do revert for any issues.

Thanks,

Jagan

Edited by: jagadheeshan govindasamy on Sep 20, 2009 8:58 PM