cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC call for each Tab only once as long as you are on same page

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I have created a Tab strip UI element with 3 tabs say T1,T2,T3.

Whenver i click on T1 first time i call the T1RFC and display the data on T1 related tray, same RFC executes for T2 and T3 with different Input Parameters(showing the selected tray based on ui visibility logic based on selected TAB).

I am trying to achieve this, As long I am on same page I would like to call the RFC only once per each tab click , say xample if i am on same page if I click on T1 ,T2 or T3 again i DO NOT WANT TO CALL THE RFC AGAIN.

The main thing is here I want to call the RFC only once for each tab as long as i am on the same page, irrespective of number of times I flip the tabs.

I treid:

Calling RFCfor T1,T2 and T3 in the init method doesn' work, all the time showing only the T3RFC related data. not changing the data if i change Tabs from T1 to T2 or T3.(looks like only the first time the RFC is making call )

I called the RFC's at wdModifyview, at - if(firstTime) condition but doesn't work.

Tried calling both place at one time doesn' work.

I appreciate your comments and thoughts on this issue.

If it is not clear please reply I can clarify your questions.

Thanks

Krish

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

One suggestion, you can declare a context attribute or a global var iCallCount which you could increment the time RFC is executed.

On leaving the view in wdDoExit() or in component controller's wdBeforeNavigation(), you can reset the parameter.

When you are in the same view,call RFC only when iCallCount is reset.

susmita_panigrahi
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

As per my understanding, declare a common method in the controller with argument. (Number of argument you can take depending upon the input parameter of RFC) .When you are at T1 and trying to move to T2, then trigger the common method and pass the RFC's input parameter as argument. Inside this Common method execute the RFC model with passing the input parameter.

Note: RFC will be executed each time when the input parameter is changing.

Thanks

Susmita

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Why don't just call the RFC if the output node is empty?

Regards,

Eduardo Campos.