Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

APO Outage: Need CIF Advice

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have a question on CIF queues.

Whenever there is an outage on APO or R/3 side we put a STOP to the R3 outbound CIF and APO inbound CIF.

This helps us process the queues faster when the system is brought back up again.

My question is what happen if we don't stop the CIF and instead deactivate the integration models before the outage and then activate the integration models after the outage?

Also what is the best approach to handle CIF queues when planning for Outage?

Thanks and Regards,

Sanju

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sanju,

Probably not a good idea to deactivate your transactional IMs. Any transactions that are executed in either system during the period of inactivation will not 'queue up', they will instead be lost. After this, the only way to recover them would be a reconciliation. Messy.

Whenever I prep for a scheduled outage, I stop the queues, as you are doing. Also a good idea to force the users off the systems.

Rgds,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the answer. That explains everything.

What is the transaction on R/3 side and on APO side to put a STOP to the CIF queues?

Thanks,

Sanju

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sanju,

?? I thought you said you were already performing these steps...

I don't know if there are transactions assigned, if you want you can research this on your own in SE84.

For scheduled outages, I have built jobs with steps that execute the programs. The programs are the same on both sides (R/3 & SCM). I don't bother with outbound, I lock inbound on both sides. You can choose to do whatever you want.

RSTRFCI1 RFC TEST: stop Inbound Queues

RSTRFCI3 RFC TEST: Restart Inbound Queue

RSTRFCQ1 RFC TEST: Stop Outbound Queue

RSTRFCQ3 RFC Test: Restart Outbound Queue

Here is some stuff that may help you better understand the process.

https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/717244

https://service.sap.com/~sapidb/011000358700000715082008E

Regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for quick response.

Basis does these activities for us. But just for reference I wanted the Tcodes too.

Answers (0)