Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sizing Requirement to find number of users

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Basis Gurus,

We have one requirement here in Sizing.The requirement is as follows

In our Q08 system the Load Runner team has executed the LR test and based on the LR test we came into conclusion that for 300 users the CPU utilisation is around 51% and Q08 system has 1 DBCI, 16 CPU.Based on this data we need do sizing for our P12 system which is having 1DBCI+6 application servers and 288 CPU so that we can calculate how many users(High,Medium and Low)can occupy in P12.Please let me know what all parameter we have to take into consider for this sizing and how do i do it.

I havent done this assignment earlier.

Please help me.

Regards,

Anil.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

stefan_koehler
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Anil,

just use the SAP Quick-Sizer to get an idea of your hardware requirements:

http://service.sap.com/~sapidb/011000358700000523272005

If you already have an existing productive landsapce you can also take a look at ST03n and compare this values with the OS captured data to get an idea of the sizing.

Regards

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Stefan,

Thanks for ur reply

We already have an Production landscape and as u told earlier that take the value of ST03N and compare this value with the OS captured data.

Pls let me know in detail what i am suppose to do as i didnt understand much with ur previous message.

Regards,

Anil

stefan_koehler
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Anil,

depending on your OS you can record the system load over a few days. For AIX or Linux systems you can use the nmon and nmon analyzer (http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/aix/library/au-analyze_aix/). After that you can convert the recorded data into Excel and you will get some graphs and its detailed data.

Then you take a look at ST03n and compare the accumulated values (CPU time, average CPU time, memory usage, average memory usage, etc.) with the collected values through nmon or any other monitoring tool.

Then you will get an idea how busy your hardware is and you can calculate the needed resources for <X> more users.

Regards

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

Thanks for ur reply

Our intention is to find out how many users(High,Medium and Low) can occupy P12 system based on the data collected from Q08 system.

Just for your information the active users which we got from our EWA report from 07.09.2009 to 13.09.2009 is 4357.Can we calculate the number of users(High,Medium and Low) from the active users which we got from our EWA report.If yes how can we calculate?

Regards,

Anil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

The active users which we got from EWA is for P12 system.I forgot to mention this thing in my previous message

Regards,

Anil

Answers (0)