cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change storage location during material staging

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

is it possible to change the storage location during material staging with WM/PP-interface ? We have the issue that we would like to use a separate production storage location for all materials in the production storage types (they shoud not be available for availability check in MM).

If not, how can that be handled in SAP generally if you have separate storage locations for storage and production and you would like to do automatic material staging from one storage location to the other.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

the example is you have two storage locations: 0090 and 0091 and one for production 0092. During creation of the TO I want to determine wheter I take material from 0090 or 0091. Is that possible ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am sorry, there is no 0090 storage location at all in the given example.

0091 - Physical storage location

0092 - Production storage location

During creation of the TO I want to determine whether I take material from 0090 or 0091

Yes, TO is created for 0091 only not for 0092. but imediately a PCN is created to transfer from 0091 to 0092 automatically due to the setting (Interfaces ® Inventory Management ® Define Storage Location Control ® Storage Location Control in Warehouse Management@Combine Posting Changes).

If you don't want that and if you have to decide wether to take from 0091 or 0092, don't do that setting. It will take from 0091 only.

Then if you want to take from 0092, you can trigger that posting change manually in LQ01.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nageshwar,

I was not talking about the scenario, but a scenario we have here with two (not one like in the example) storage location where material is stored.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

OK, You have 2 storage locations. Then you dont make any Storage location as standard. While creating TO you have to give the storage location manually. I did not work in this scenario but I hope it works.

Csaba was talking about IM Staging. Of,course you can do WM staging also with MF60 based on your control cycles.

Nagesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nageshwar,

thx a lot for your help. It seems to work on our sandbox. But there is still the problem with the standard storage location. As I said we have two storage locations where materials are stored. But in Customizing I can only define one standard storage location which is determined during creation of the TO. So how can this problem be handled ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Standard SAP demands you to use the other storage location (0092 in the example) as Production storage area only. That means you cannot use this storage location for other type of storage. It contains only storage type 100.

Do you want to use this storage location for other types of storage also? If so, there is no standard solution.

Nagesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

thx a lot for your help.

Two questions related to this scenario:

1) We have two standard storage locations here. Is there a user-exit to determine the correct storage location during creation of the TO ?

2) If I try to release the process order the material is not available in the production storage location so it cannot be released. Do I have to disable the availability check and am I only able to do a batch determination in the warehouse system during TO creation for this scenario ?

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can do IM material staging via MF60 from normal storage location (where the components are stored) to production storage location.

After that you can do WM material staging.

Regards,

Csaba

Edited by: Csaba Szommer on Sep 20, 2009 7:03 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1) You need not use any user-exit here. First you have to do the settings I have given in my previous post.

Then the process is explained in the link I have given.

You have to do a config setting.

For cumulative posting changes, set the indicator Combine Posting Changes in the Customizing for WM

under Interfaces ® Inventory Management ® Define Storage Location Control ® Storage Location Control in WM

Process Flow 

1) You trigger material staging for production order 10004711. 
For this, You can use MF60 as Csaba mentioned or you can press the button "WM Material staging" in the 
process order based on your Control cycle.

You have defined production storage area 0092 for the components of the production order.
The storage location of the production supply area is also 0092. 

2) The WMS creates a transfer requirement on the basis of the production order. 
The transfer requirement has no reference to storage location 0092. 

3) Based on the transfer requirement, you create a transfer order (TO) for staging in production. 
The system creates the transfer order for standard storage location 0091 because the 
transfer requirement contains no storage location assignment. 

5) You stage the material for production. 

6) You confirm the TO for material staging. 
A positive quant is created for the staged material in storage type 100, storage location 0091. 

7) The system cumulatively executes a posting change for all of the confirmed putaway TOs 
from the warehouse into the production storage location. 
The system deletes the quant in storage type 100, storage location 0091 and creates 
a new quant in storage location 0092.

2) Before releasing the process order you have to stage the materials.

Edited by: Nageshwar Rao on Sep 21, 2009 3:37 PM

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1) You trigger material staging for production order 10004711.

For this, You can use MF60 as Csaba mentioned or you can press the button "WM Material staging" in the

process order based on your Control cycle.

You have defined production storage area 0092 for the components of the production order.

The storage location of the production supply area is also 0092.

No, I think it is not the process I was speaking about.

MF60 is material staging in IM. With this transaction you can move the components from one storage location to another by mvt 311.

When the goods are in the proper storage location (that is the production storage location) WM material staging comes (processing the TR e.g. from LB10). At this stage there's no point in speaking about changing SLoc in WM TO processing since the compoenents are already in the proper storage location.

Regards,

Csaba

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You can map this scenario with standard SAP process "Posting Changes Between Storage Locations"

I ll try my best to explain. Also Look at the follwing link (posting changes).

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/c6/f85c504afa11d182b90000e829fbfe/frameset.htm

Scenario

You manage your material stocks in warehouse number 001 in the Warehouse Management system (WMS). 
You manage the warehouse stock in the WMS in storage location 0091 of plant 0001. 
You manage the warehouse stock for production in production storage location 0092 of plant 0001. 
As soon as you stage the goods for production, they are posted to production storage type 100 
in production storage location 0092 of plant 0001.

You assign both 0091 & 0092 storage locations to your warehouse number.

You define the storage location 0091, as the standard storage location in this warehouse number in the Customizing for

Warehouse Management under Interfaces ® Inventory Management ® Define Storage Location Control ® Assignment Control

of "Plant/Storage Location u2013 Whse Number".

For the storage location 0092 to which you have assigned the interim storage area 100 and its stock, set the indicator Do not

Copy Storage Location in TR in the Customizing for Warehouse Management, under Interfaces ® Inventory Management ® Define

Storage Location Control ® Assignment Control of "Plant/Storage Location u2013 Whse Number".