Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDOC to JDBC scenario

former_member185881
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All

I am doing IDOC to JDBC Scenario.

From one IDOC i have to upload the data into 3 tables.

Table A

Table B

Table C

now the thing is - i have to upload the data in sequence.

concept is - firstly IDOC data should be uploaded to Table A then Table B and then Table C.

I dont want the data to be uploaded parallely in all the 3 tables.

is it possible if yes then how?

Regards

Dheeraj Kumar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The possibility suggested by Siva seems to be an option but in case JDBC receiver went down, all messages will be stuck with System Error. Once you restart the messages, the Order will get lost.

I would suggest using BPM to send the messages sequentially which would ensure proper error handling.

Regards,

Prateek

former_member185881
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi prateek

I dont want to use BPM, except siva's option is there any other posibility to do the same.

Regards

Dheeraj Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

The both options suggested i.e. BPM and use of Maintain Order runtime Checkbox are good. and each having its on limits.

You may use the Stored procedure to execute the statements in seueuence and to avoid the concern mentioned by Prateek.

Thanks

Swarup

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Without BPM, if you want to push the same data in all the three tables, then the best possible option would be a stored procedure. This has to be provided by the receiver system to you.

Regards,

Prateek

former_member185881
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Prateek

This stored Procedure where i will use means how i will use. Can you plz explain in detail.

Thanks

Dheeraj Kumar

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are these tables updated using 3 seperate update/insert statements?? or using some stored proce

If they are using 3 seperate update/insert staements...

During Interface determination, use maintain Order at runtime checkbox.

This will ensure that the 3 messages created (during mapping) are sent to JDBC adapter in that Order..

If using stored proc, the Storedproc should take care of the logic..

-Siva Maranani