Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Combining sales orders to a destination

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SD Gurus,

I have a unique requirement.

Client is a manufacturing plant and despatches material to more than 300 destinations.The materials despatch happens only by Rail.

Client want to group the sales orders for a single destination based on load ( maximum 3000 tons) , may be orders of customer with same destination can be put together in a single Despatch Plan.

Suppose there are three customers in Mumbai , so the planner will combine the load of these three customers in a single Dispatch Plan.and then if this despatch plaaning is proper then only the sales order is entered in the system and further production planning is done.

How can I map this requirement in SAP SD or transportation module , can you please suggest?

Waiting for your replies.

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Suppose there are three customers in Mumbai , so the planner will combine the load of these three customers in a single Dispatch Plan.and then if this despatch plaaning is proper then only the sales order is entered in the system and further production planning is done.

Firstly, I suppose it will be required to have Sales Order in Place. Based on Sales Order, separate Deliveies will be required to be created and so forth. But if such planning is required before creation of Sales Order, it might be difficult in system. As suggested in earlier reply, a potential solution may be possible with Quotation in place.

Regards,

Rajesh Banka

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashish,

Thanks for your answer. But how to map the standard functionality with the process is not clear. My question is still answered.

regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravindra

As before production u want to plan load on particualr route.

I think ,u can better check using route determination with weight groups.

As u want to have weight/load fixed with uppar limit.

U can have transportation zones defined where disaptch plan is considered e..g Mumbai is one zone.

then routes will be defined with load factor.

u can use route determination in Quotation if u dont want to enter sales order .

Use LIS for generation of a specific infostructure for searching /grouping quotations .

Use user status management for releasing the quotations into orders or if orders used then releasing of orders into production.

I hope this helps.

Regards

Mandar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mandar ,

Thanks a lot for your answers. Your answer is definately very much useful.

Just let me know,

Route Determination with weight groups, Transportation zone , Fixing of upper limit of load or weight

all the above things are done in which module? SD or transportation or any other?

Waiting for your reply.

Regards,

Ravindra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Transportation is part of Logistics which in turn is part of SD

So, You will get all these details under

SPRO - Logistics Executtion - Transportation - Basic Transportation Functions - Route

there, you can define everything from route defining to route determination

Hope you get some inputs

regards,

Sagar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SD Gurus,

Thanks for Ashish, Mandar , Rajesh & Sagar for suggestions. My question is answered.

Regards,

Ravindra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ravindra,

In this case,you can attach multiple deliveries of the same ship to destination into a single shipment document using vt01n.e.g-create the sales order and then its respective delivery without doing PGI ,save it. go to vt01 and then as per the weight allowed ,attach all required deliveries to the shipment document.

Hope it make sense in your case.

Regards,

AKD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashish,

Thanks for your answer.

The planner want to check the despatch plan for a Destination and if it is proper then he wanted to enter the confirmed sales order

and want to do the further production planning.

After production planning , I will be getting the material after around one week in the stores for Despatch.

Please let me know , whether your suggestion is valid in above case , please confirm.

Regadrs,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ravindra,

You can check its suitability as per your requirement.In my opinion yes we can go ahead with below process.

You can reserve or reconfirm the order quantity when the stock arrives and go ahead with despatch and so on..

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

AKD