cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parallel Currency

Former Member
0 Kudos

What is a Parallel Currency and Why do we need that? I would appreicate the explanation with an example.

Appreicated

YV

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

uygur_burak
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Yedi,

For example in my country, our local currency is TRY (Turkish Lira). But I want to see EUR and USD amount for each transactional data on FI. So that I should activate parallel currency customizing via using OB22 and then system starts to keep EUR and USD amount for each transaction. You can see this value on FI tables which is field DMBE2 and DMBE3.

Otherwise, when you activate parallel currency, system keeps total balance for this currencies. You can get balance sheet report(F.01 transaction), profit & loss report(F.01 transaction) and G/L account balance(F:08 transaction) for parallel currency.

I hope this information enough for you.

Regards,

Burak

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Burak - thats a wonderful answer. Now I understand what's a Parallel Currency is - Why the management want's maintain in Parallel Currency? If the Corporate Wants then I believe we are going to Consolidate into Group Currency - Correct me if my Idea is wrong.

Again Thank your for your patience.

YV

uygur_burak
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Yes you're absolutely right. If your company codes have a same group currency code (like EUR) , you can get consolidate report for your all company codes.

Regards,

Burak

Former Member
0 Kudos

Why a Company needs to post the same transaction in more than one currency on the first place? What's the business secret behind posting the transaction parallely?

uygur_burak
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Because Company has may be foreign partner, and this partner wants to report in foreign currencies. Or you want to get IFRS report on USD or EUR. So that you must keep parallel currencies amount, if you need like that.

Regards,

Burak

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In Financial Accounting, in addition to the local currency, you can define a maximum of two parallel currencies for your company code. Since the settings of the company code are transferred for the leading ledger, your leading ledger is also managed in these parallel currencies as well as the local currency in this case. You can only specify the parallel local currencies specified in the leading ledger as parallel currencies in the non-leading ledgers. Alternative currencies are not possible.

From OB22 we can define parallel currencies.

Group Currency

You define the group currency when you define your client. group currency is used in the consolidated financial statements.

Before the consolidation process can be completed, all values in the individual financial statements must be translated from the local or transaction currency into group currency.

Global Company Currency

You define the global company currency when you define the company assigned to your company code.

A currency used for an internal trading partner.

Hard Currency

You define the hard currency when you define the country assigned to your company code.

A country-specific second currency used in countries with high rates of inflation

Index-Based Currency

You define the index-based currency when you define the country to which your company code is assigned.

A country-specific theoretical currency used in some countries with high inflation as a comparison currency for purposes of statutory reporting

If you manage your ledgers in parallel currencies, this has the following effects: During posting, the amounts are also saved in the parallel currencies.

The amounts are translated automatically, but you can also enter them manually.

Transaction figures for the G/L accounts are also updated in the parallel currencies.

Exchange rate differences during clearing also appear in the parallel currencies.

You can also perform a foreign currency valuation in the parallel currencies.

regards,

Santosh kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

My question is What is Parallel Currency and Why We need that?