cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't Log into J2EE Engine Visual Administrator

Former Member
0 Kudos

I cannot get logged into our J2EE Engine Visual Administrator on our SAP Portal. After I enter my userid and password (which I know are valid) I get a progress bar which progresses to approx 50%, then errors out with the message: 'Error while connecting. Cannot open connection on host: <IP-address> and port: <port>'

I found this document to troubleshoot the problem:

https://cw.sdn.sap.com/cw/docs/DOC-29070?treeid=DOC-7447

It says the problem is likely that the P4 port is incorrect or the wrong transport layer is selected in my connection string. It suggests using the config tool to find the P4 port and has a diagram showing the port in the local properties. When I go to my config tool, I am missing the Local Properties box. My screen only shows the Global Properties. Is there somewhere else to check the port. I am pretty sure I have the right port because if I try to connect using an incorrect port I get the error message instantly.

The transport layer in my connection string is 'default'.

Can anyone help? Thanks.

Our Visual Administrator version is 6.40 Support Pack 22. The java version is 1.4.2_13.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

PLease check thet the Java services are all are up and running.

Please check the log std_server.out.Please post the error in the latest trace file .

You can also create a new profile like default in visual admin and give the p4 port there.

thanks

Rishi Abrol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kathryn,

P4 port is used for connecting to VA. P4 port will be 5<Inst no>04.

Please check if you have this port while connecting to VA. You can check this port in the index page of your portal.

Can you try restarting the portal instance ??

Also you need not enter userID for logging into VA. By default it uses "administrator" user.

You may also check if the administrator user is locked.

Revert if the issue persists.

Cheers.,

Raghu