cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Send IDocs to machines depending of the Organizational Units.

david_torresllorente
Participant
0 Kudos

hello,

I want to know if there is a way to send IDocs to a determain machine depending of the organizational Unit or their sub-tree objects.

Imagine, I have 10 organizational Units (10 countries), and I want to send to each country without sending the modification to the rest os the other countries.

I there a way I can do it?

Thank yu very much in advance...

PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI David,

In this case you can use Conditional Receiver Determinations. So that based on the Org Unit you can send into different receivers.

More on ~

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/26/5ccd3bb4560f01e10000000a11402f/frameset.htm

/people/venkataramanan.parameswaran/blog/2006/03/17/illustration-of-enhanced-receiver-determination--sp16

Hope this helps,

REgards,

Moorthy

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ana,

Where you able to solve this thing..I know that would be stupid to ask..but can you share your approach for the same as I also have a similar scenario to handle with respect to distribution of HR master data from global to mutiple local system based on company code and personal area of the employee of object type 'P' .Remaining object types 'O','S',C will be distributed to all the local systems.

Thanks in advance..your reply would be life saver.

Thanks

-Alok

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can use CONDITIONAL RECEIEIVER DETERMIANTION to select the receiver to which the IDOC is to be sent.

While doing your RECEIVER DETERMINATIOn , you can enter multiple RECEIVERS and you can specify the condition on which the RECIVER is to be choosen.

as long as the organization unit on the basis of which redeiver is to be determined is a part of source payload, you can do this using conditional receiver determination.

regards,

bhavesh

david_torresllorente
Participant
0 Kudos

An how can I determine or condition that? I see the "Teh Type of determination receiver" but... if I modify a person in one of the organizational Units, how does the "determinational receiver"know with condition catch?.

PM

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

David,

<i>if I modify a person in one of the organizational Units, how does the "determinational receiver"know with condition catch?.</i>

Am not sure I follow what you mean. Can you please explain further.

Regards,

Bhavesh

david_torresllorente
Participant
0 Kudos

Imagine I have a organizational Unit tree (SPAIN, England), in SPAIN we have a adminitrator/Engennier/Programmer in Progrmmer we have John. In England we have the same but we add accionist with Peter in it.

We change Peter or the name accionist to pre-accionist and I want that modification sent to the machine in England and not to Spain,. And when I chand John or another object beneath SPAIN it goes to the Spanish machine.

How can I condition that?

PM

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI David,

Did you go thru the link given by me...

Inorder to execute this Contional Reciever Determination, you need to have correct condition for the Receiver..

For e.g

If <dynamic value> = John then it will go to that receiver.

If <Dynamic Valur> = Peter then it will go to that Receiver...

<i>And when I chand John or another object beneath SPAIN it goes to the Spanish machine.</i>

The condition works based on the XPATH evaluation of the message..

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Moorthy

david_torresllorente
Participant
0 Kudos

But if I have 1 thousand persons or objects? I have to use...

If <dynamic value> = XXXX then it will go to that receiver.

I think that's criminal.

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

FOr this try to make the Group based on the Geography/Region.. SO that you can collect all the messages of one Geogrphy into one message and send it to that Receiver.. This grouping, you can handle in the Mapping ( Java Mapping preferably in this Case)

<i>But if I have 1 thousand persons or objects? I have to use...</i>

You are right..

Thanks,

Moorthy

david_torresllorente
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Moorthy ,

I want to know how can I group it in Geography/Region.

PM

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi David,

This can be done in the Mapping.. For this Java Mapping will be easier.

First you need to read input xml document, and search for the Geography/Region.. And then gorup the similar one into the list etc..

After this Mapping, you will be having one message for each Geography . For this you required to use BPM and in the BPM you can split the messages(1:N) mapping.. But it is still based on the target Structure. If you have many geographies, then it is not an idle solution..

If you want to make your scenario as an Independent, then you can go with some workaround solutions like this. Output all the files into one folder in XI. And from XI execute an Shell Script, which will read the data and tarnsfer into required Geograhy/Person etc.

So in this case XI part is almost independent. Only you need to maintain the SHell script..

This is just my views

Use SAX parser for the Java Mapping here..about Java mapping

Mark helpful answers

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

<i>>>For this you required to use BPM and in the BPM you can split the messages(1:N) mapping..</i>

Moorthy,

I remeber that I have seen blog from Sravya, telling that after applying SP14 or SP16,(I am not sure about the SP#) message splitting is possible with out using BPM.

Correct me.

-Naveen.

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Naveen,

You are right It is in SP14 onwards.. Message Splitting (1:N) mapping is possible without using BPM..

But it is only for J2EE based adapter engines.. Idoc is not a part of J2ee Engine.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/42/ed364cf8593eebe10000000a1553f7/frameset.htm

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Moorthy