cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PI SLD Connectivity issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am having issue with my PIQ system with it's SLD Connection. My SLD is up and running on my PIQ system. I belive I have a local sld configured for my PIQ system. I have tried some troubleshooting steps and coun't get the results. Initially, I have went to transaction SLDCHECK and received the error message "Connection to SLD does not work

Check SLD function and configurations".

Then I went to Transaction SLDAPICUST and tested SAP_CONFIG user for maintain SLD access Data and

I received the error message :"Testing HTTP connection to the SLD server: An exception has occurred Exception in SLD client: AbapSLDRequestHandler.ping(): CIM_ERR_FAILED: User credentials are invalid or user is denied access

Connection to SLD does not work".

So, I logged on to UME of my PIQ system and created the user SAP_CONFIG and tried to assign

the role LcrInstanceWriterLD that was in one of the troubleshooting guide lines and that role didn't exist. So, I assigned j2ee role for user SAP_CONFIG and that I still get the same error message. I made sure that user SAP_CONFIG exists in both ABAP and JAVA system

of my PIQ. All my SLD configuration are correct. What should i do? Below are the messages I get when doing running transaction SLDCHECK and SLDAPICUST

Tcode: SLDCHECK --->"Connection to SLD does not work

Check SLD function and configurations".

Tcode: SLDAPICUST -->Testing HTTP connection to the SLD server: An exception has occurred Exception in SLD client: AbapSLDRequestHandler.ping(): CIM_ERR_FAILED: User credentials are invalid or user is denied access

Connection to SLD does not work".

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thareq,

First thing, i hope its PI 7.1.

Second " I belive I have a local sld configured for my PIQ system" - Make sure you have local or central SLD.

Check in SLDAPICUST. The user will PIAPPLUSER not SAP_CONFIG.

Check the user PIAPPLUSER if its locked or roles have been generated for the user.

Also try logging in with PIAPPLUSER and check the password. Give the same in SLDAPICUST.

And test it again.

Then do a sldcheck.

Revert if the issue persists.

Cheers.,

Raghu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mr. Gaghu,

Thank you for your reply and information. I am running PI 7.0 server. I had done what you had asked me to do and got some good results. I have a few questions?

I have added the user PIAPPLUSER in SLDAPICUST as you recommended. I noticed that user was not in ABAP (SU01) and JAVA, so I created the user PIAPPLUSER in both ABAP and Java system. I was not too sure what access to give that user in ABAP and JAVA. I have granted the user in ABAP with SAP_ALL and SAP_NEW access. I have granted that user in JAVA with the following super users roles (SAP_XI_CONFIGURATOR_EXT_J2EE, SAP_SLD_ADMINISTRATOR, SAP_SLD_SUPPORT, SAP_JAVA_NWADMIN_CENTRAL_READONL).

Question 1: What roles am I supposed to assign the user PIAPPLUSER in ABAP and JAVA?

I made sure that in transaction SLDAPICUST ; I have selected the user PIAPPLUSER as primary and changed the password to what i have set in ABAP and JAVA.

Question 2 : In transaction SLDAPICUST, By selecting the PIAPPLUSER user as primary and changing the password to what I have in JAVA and ABAP a correct procedure?

Question 3: In transaction SLDAPICUST, I still see the user SLD_CL_PIQ with alias name SAP_CONFIG, should that be there or deleted?

-

Final Results/logs after your suggestions:

TCODE: Message:

-

SLDCHECK --> Summary: Connection to SLD works technically, but the SLD content may need maintenance

=> Check and maintain the SLD data content

SLDAPICUST---> Testing HTTP connection to the SLD server..

SLD ping was successful. Connection to SLD works correctly

Question 4: Are there any other changes that I should make?

Thank You and I look forward to your response.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thareq,

It is a bit strange that you dont have PIAPPLUSER and you had to manually add it.

I hope there is some issue with the post installation of PI. Kindly go through PI Installation Guide.

Have you run the Template Installer ?? If Yes, Was that successful ??

Also were there any issues at the time of installation ? Because the PI service users are created by the installation process itself.

Kinldy check if you have other users such as PIDIRUSER, PILSUSER, PISUPER etc.

Well, Here are answers for your questions.

1. PIAPPLUSER should only contain SAP_XI_APPL_SERV_USER role.

2. In SLDAPICUST, you need to have user PIAPPLUSER

3.You can leave that entry as it is.

4. There are lot of other settings you may need to check. Kindly refer to PI readiness check document available on SDN.

Hope this helps.

Best Regards

Raghu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank You very much Raghu for you help and information. You have solved my issue.

Answers (0)