Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do not process incomplete file

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have scenario Proxy to File.

PI generates the file on PI File system.

Then the file is being picked by another orcale system. I need to check that the file is not being grabbed by the oracle system while it is being generated.

Thanks,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prabhu,

In file receiver communication channel use temporary file name scheme which should take care of this. Please check the thread for the same:

Regards,

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

I just need to change the Write Mode : Use Temporary File

and in Temporary File Name Scheme: temp.xml

Then this will create a temp.xml and once whole file is created it will create a final file and delete the temp file?

I am using variable substitution to generate the final file name. Will it create any problems in generating the final file?

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

No Prabhu. You should not run into any issues. By the way are you creating xml file. If yes then thats fine else change the extension.

Regards,

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

There are many files that are being created. The application picks up around say some no. of files at a time.

Lets say i get 500 messages from proxy and i create 500 files. But there might be a chance some files are still processing. So i need to check if all temp files are converted to the final files and then only the another application picks the files.

How can i acheive that. Changing the file extension to something else will work.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Prabhu,

Even if you 500 files that should be ok. You need to understand the mechanism of how it works. For that please see the thread I have given. Whenever the complete file is completed then only the file will be written in the acutal directory. Till then you will have the temporary location. So dont worry. Go ahead and test it.

Regards,

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

As far as i can understand,you want to lock the whole folder where these 500 files will be placed (either temp or permanent),so that oracle doesn't pick up any file from that folder

if that is right,then you can not control folder locking from PI.

PI lets you lock files so that other application does not picks it until its completely written.

One option which you can look at is appending the files instead of writing 500 files ( if your business process lets you do that).

Thanks

Aamir

Answers (0)