cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TMS or gateway problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have a little problem with STMS. When i click on the import overview truck, it keeps running and i dont get the

import overview screen. I checked the RFC connections TMSADM@<SID>.DOMAIN_SID and one of them from our Dev system to

QA system is not working. It might be a problem with the gateway.

The last time i killed(restarted) the gateway process on one of the system and it worked. I want to know how to figure

out which gateway has a problem and what steps to take to deal with these kind of TMS probems. We get these a lot.

Please throw some light on how to troubleshoot this.

Thanks

Cyrus

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tim,

If the problem is with the RFC Server, can we rstart it?

Also, after interrupting a connection from smgw also, sometimes the problem still exists and only when i kill the gateway process that the problem disappears. I couldnt figure out a softer way of doing it so far.

Regards

Cyrus

tim_buchholz
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Cyrus,

the RFC Server would be a work process running the program called using RFC. Of course, this work process can be interrupted. Without further insight, it is hard to tell what might be the cause. It would be best to open a ticket with SAP if this happens, so that someone from support can have a look at the system.

Regards,

Tim

tim_buchholz
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Cyrus,

the RFC Server would be a work process running the program called using RFC. Of course, this work process can be interrupted. Without further insight, it is hard to tell what might be the cause. It would be best to open a ticket with SAP if this happens, so that someone from support can have a look at the system.

Regards,

Tim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It was a problem with the gateways. I had to kill 2 of them and it was ok after that. Not sure which one was causing the problem.

Does anyone know how to figure out which gateway is the problem?

tim_buchholz
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Cyrus,

killing a gateway will simply terminate all open RFC sessions. This does not mean that the reason for a 'hanging' RFC session is the gateway itself.

If you want to find out what is blocking the transaction, you will have to check the user context in transaction SM04. This should reveal a client conversation id. If the user context is still attached to a work process, this can also be seen in the detail view for the work process in transaction SM50. Transaction SMGW will show where the conversation id is headed for. Most often, the process that runs the RFC (the RFC server) is blocked. If this is all locally, you should not have a problem to determine what is causing the problem.

As I said, terminating the gateway will cancel all open RFCs and should be the last resort. Better to kill connections from SMGW or to interrupt the program.

Regards,

Tim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Cyrus

check the RFC in SM59

open TMSADM@<SID>.DOMAIN_SID in DEV system for QA system.

it's not necessary to define gatway host and gateway service under this RFC.

check the host/ipaddress and system number of the QA system.

check logon/security -- username and password.

regards,

kaushal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Cyrus,

I think there can not be any problem with RFC connection.

Because these RFCs related to Transport management are system "generated" RFC's and u cant edit them.

Make sure that user TMSADM is not locked in client 000.

Redistribute your existing configuration once again.

As u said ur RFC has some problem , i think u r referring to the 'remotelogon'.

clicking on remote login does'nt take u to any screen and it means the remotelogin is successfull because TMSADM is a communications user.

Please update here if you are able to solve the problem by your self.

Regards,

Bapujee Naidu